POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I use mine with a Marshall half stack and a ESP EC-1000. This thing is noisy if u want it noisy and quiet if u want it quiet. The effects are great and really controlable but I only wish it had a harmonizer and acoustic sim. You can get sounds of many artist with this, it has a online bank of pre-sets that u can find to get ur fav artist tone. it comes with patches already in it for certain artist like Eddie Van Halen, Black Sabbath, and even Steve Ray Vaughn. The only thing that pissed me off was the fact that you have to buy some effects and amp models online for about 40-50.

This is a great product. My first impression was that the pre-sets, sounded like a circus and I was disappointed. But when you start making ur own, you feel limitless. The tones are very versitle and worth it. What I love is the versitlity, what I hated was some tones u had to buy online and it cost around 40-50 bucks. Overall it's everything you need for gig, even if your amp is crappy jus play with this and you have an arsenal at your disposle.

I can truely depend on this thing for any gig. The god damn thing gets beat so badly when I play yet it hasent given out one bit yet. Its really a great durible peice of work. I already have gigged with it and I can't imagine going without it.

It takes a quick getting used to get a good sound of it, it would prob be best to use its USB cable to connect to your computer and use Line 6 edit to really get the tone you want. Either that or do it manually which isn't that hard. If you have any questions the manuel describes them well. Every effect, amp model, or anything.