POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

I am using this with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Marshall MG30DFX (I know it's not the best amp in the world but it works for me..) and it sounds fantastic. The noise gate feature is great as it cuts out nearly all of the feedback or interference etc. Most of the effects sound amazing especially the distortions, you can get almost any sound you want out of this thing e.g. Metallica, sum41, jimi hendrix, eddie Van Halen, almost anything. However some of the sounds like the modulations etc. sound a bit digital but this doesnt't bother me that much, you can hardly notice. One great feature which alows you to the sounds of your favourite artists is the Line 6 edit feature which lets you get patches that other PODXT Live owners have created to sound like famous artists from the site www.customtone.com.

I play all styles of music from Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold etc. to the likes of jimi hendrix, Billy Talent and Blink 182 etc. I have been playing guitar for about 6 years and I also own a Dunlop crybaby wah and an old Boss distortion pedal. If this product were stolen or lost I would definately buy a new one and I would congratulate the robber on stealing such a good effects unit! My favourite feature of this product is the ability to create your own patches and create almost any sound you want and recall them at ease fromt the push of a button.

I could definately rely ont his. I have Gigged with it several times and have not had a problem and I used without a backup as I am confident this will never fail. This thing is made out of solid metal and I am sure the US government uses the same metal to make it's tanks it's that strong!

When you first buy this it takes a while to get to know how to use it. I definitly advise you to read the manual before you attempt to set it up. The manual has a one page quick start guide which is great if you want to start playing straight away. It is extremelly easy to get a good sound out of it thanks to it's 128 preset sounds. It is split into 32 banks of sound (12 of which are for you to create your own sounds) and each bank has 4 sounds in it A B C or D. It also has 42 classic and modern amp models and 24 cab models plus about 100 of the most sought after stompboxes modulation settings and delays. It also has a pedal which can be used for wah effect or volume. Once you have read the manual it is extremelly easy to create your own patches using the simple edit and save functions. You can choose from any amp, cabinet or effects you want and even choose where you would like to mike the amp.