POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: A Friend

I'm using my B.C. Rich warlock, with this plugged into a Peavey 1x12 amp, but through the effects loop as a speaker only. Little to no noise from the speaker, unless using a specific stomp box model such as the tube screamer. The effects always sound great, and the bubblee echo is by far my fav. I don't play covers Live, so I'm not really too concerned about getting artist tones, but when I tried to get Alex Lifeson's tone to cover Limelight just for fun, I went to the Line 6 forum first, and found someone had already created it. The support group is my favourite part of the Line 6 site. The distortion is really ballsy, from modeling a Dual Rectifier, to a JCM-800, to a Fender Deluxe combo. You can do anything with this board, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking into multi-effects.

I play metal/southcore/alternative and some heavy rock, and this provides every tone I could ever dream of, and more. I don't think I hate or dislike a single thing about this board. If you want all of the tones out there, on one box, this is the box for you. If this were lost/stolen, I would cry, and then buy another one.

Line 6 Beefy Metal Stomp Box, most dependable, reliable box I've ever used. This has not failed on me at all, and even if it does, there is the support group online, and if that didn't work, I'd just buy a new one. These are just that great. I would not even bother with a backup on stage, these are built for the stage.

This is where this box loses points. Although for the more advanceced guitarists/musicians, this box is very unfriendly to new people. The manual is a great read, and very helpful, if you have the time to read it. It takes tweaking to get the perfect tone, but when you do, you won't need/want anything more, this thing sounds absolutely amazing. My friend kept it updated like crazy, and I like to do the same. Really easy to update with Line 6 Monkey, and as for editing tones, you can even do it on the computer with Line 6 edit. Some great product support, if I ever had a problem, the Line 6 forums were great.