POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Holy crap does this sound good! I use it for practice all the time via the headphone jack. It has a really good size of amp and cabinet models built in. And if you want you can purchase more model packs from Line 6. It has more effects than I know what to do with. With built in stereo outputs you can really do some wild delays. If you're running through your guitar amp, make sure you bypass the preamp and go directly to the power amp, also, when doing so, turn off cabinet models, they tend to make the sound a little gunky through another cabinet. Eventually, I hope to have two 4x12 cabinets and two power amps, using the PODXT Live as my preamp right there at my feet!

This product is great for any sound you're trying to achieve. If it were stolen, I'd definitely buy a new one, than I'd hunt down the one Who stole my last one, kill him, and take take it back, than I'd have 2! which is even better! I wish it had more petals though or maybe an add-on for an E F G and an H foot switch. Another note, some of the factory presets sound kinda dumb. Before you form an opinion on it, try it out, learn the interface and make your own sound. This thing just sounds awesome. It even makes my 300 dollar Ibanez sound expensive.

This think is bullet proof! When I bought this thing, I had originally gone there to Pick up a DigiTech GNX4, but the DigiTech just looked junky. The foot-switches are tough, it has an all metal body to it, and the expression petal is heavy duty as well. Another thing that I like about it is the fact that they put a bar by the amp control knobs to protect them just incase I miss the pedal with my size 13 shoe.

Very easy to use, but takes a little getting used to. Anything you need to edit is right in that menu. The manual is very detailed about how to operate the PODXT Live, and it's an easy read. Firmware version 3.01 right out of the box, but upgrading is a snap with the Line 6 monkey software.

fuzzybird5
    Hey guys, i'm in abit of a dilema between the Boss GT-8) and the Line 6 PODXT Live. I tried both, and love them but I feel the PODXT live could be better for adapting with live playing (more of what I do -like gigs and such). This is my first pedal and I would like to get some feed back =) It would be best if it wasn't biased for either pedal in particular. Thanks!
    mind_freak007
    Go for the POD XT live!!! The modulations & effects are far much lesser than the GT 8 but the tone definitely rocks!!! I'm using the XT live with a Jem 7V & i must say that the tone is just amazing...nothing to what i have played on in the past!!! Also the GT -8 is far more complicated than the XT live.... Another advantage of the XT live is that u if ur too lazy to setup your own tone, there's a whole lotta tones out der on www.customtone.com for downloads which when tweaked sound almost like the original artists!!! Also the XT live is fully upgradeable.....so you can have more amps, reverbs , wah's etc when line 6 releases them.... Wanna go in for more??? then go ahead & buy the model packs that best suit your need!!! ROCK ON!!!
    hellraiserharry
    evening_crow
    hellraiserharry wrote: ihave a total line 6 rig a pod xt LIVE a variax and a spider. MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE U GOT TO PAY FOR THE EXTRA MODELPACKS WHICH SUCK. I WISH LINE 6 WOULD GIVE EM OUT FOR FREE. i have issues with the gear in terms of paying for model packs . they are too expensive and should be free
    I bought the new PODX3 Live and all the model packs are included in it. This is the best thing i've played and blows out the Boss GT-8 in my opinion. I'm sorry but i was never convinced by the GT-8 even after using it...
    hellraiserharry
    damn u evening crow u got all those model packs!!!!! i saving for an x3. line 6 makes the best gear around,never mind the price .i played gnx and it dont feel as metal as this one i like to jump around on stage i get so hyped sometimes my pedal gets a hard stomp. I need to know is the pod x3 tougher than the xt cause my gnx is falling apart
    the_wickerman
    hey, im having trouble deciding what i should buy for a multi-effects processor. i need something with an extreme amount of gain/distortion. something that sounds like the line6 uber metal or digitech death metal, could this thing deliver?????
    jorgeluisramon
    Hi, Im thinking on buying one of this. is it better than Zoom G7.1ut or G9.2tt?, can someone tell me which is best?
    jorgeluisramon
    HI. Im thinking on buying one of this. Is this better than Zoom G7.1ut or G9.2tt?, Can someone tell me which one of these is best?
    uvq
    theres this guy who plays a 4000 prs through this and sounds pretty amazing lol..