POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: Rock Shop

The set up I use with this pedal consists of a Jackson guitar, a Boss Loop Station and a Line 6 100 watt amp. Personally I have had no problems due to my set up, I rarely get feed back due to the pedals great noise gate. I like to play a lot of different music from metal to blues to ballads and the pedal can handle them all. What I think is really cool is that if you don't want to try and make a patch for your favorite song you can just go to the line6 website and download a patch made by Line 6 or, you can download one from the public tone exchange forum in which you can trade, download and post the patches you create. Every one of the Effects on this pedal is amazing and they never stop amazing me. Although there is one thing that could be done a little better and that is the wah, I think it could be a little thicker but that is just personal Preference.

Well this pedal certainly has a load of effects for all sorts of different types of music and yet more you can download and buy. My overall impression of this pedal is that it is Great, I would buy another if thing one was lost or stolen. When I went to by this pedal I had to Pick between this and a Boss ME-50 and I picked this pedal because it stood out. Thanks for reading my review of this product, I hope I have helped you decide wether to get one or not.

The whole pedals casing is made from metal and is very sturdy, the foot buttons on the pedal are nice and big and are very tough, so if you get a bit carried away while jamming and give it a bit of a stomp you can rest assured that the pedal should be fine. The Volume/Wah Pedal is built very tough as well, unlike a lot of multi effect pedals line6 has gone out of the way and built this one out of metal. I think this is great because some times it can be very hard to be gentle on the wah pedal while doing a face melting solo. All of the knobs on the pedal have a small metal bar which stops you from bumping or kicking them. I think that this is great because a lot of pedals have all their knobs right next to the foot switches which in the past has caused me trouble. And I do and will continue to take this to gigs with out a back up.

Hey guys I got the PODXT Live new about 4 months ago and I am yet to have any problems with it here are my thoughts on it. you will surprised how easy it is to edit and create patches on this pedal when using the computer software, is it possible to make almost any sound you want. But the same cannot be said about trying to edit patches with out the software as it can become very hard to find your way around with only the tiny screen to see information on. This could be easily fixed in the next model with a bigger screen but over all I find it very easy to create and edit patches using the pedal its-self and the computer software software. I found the manual for this pedal awesome, it tells you every thing from what amps and effects they modeled to the history of each amp and effect they modeled. Over all the PODXT Live is relatively easy to use. The only thing that I would change would be the Screen size, if it was a little bit bigger.

dafrimpster
    I have found the best possible sound from a PODXTLIVE can be had by plugging directly into a powered full range speaker. I use a pair of Behringer B215A's for large venues and just one for small clubs. These speakers put out 400watts each and make the POD sound like God on a stick!!
    grooveytigerrr
    Can anyone tell me how many FX you can have at once? I currently have a ZOOM G7.1ut and can have about 5 or 6 i think but some more would be nice! Thanks for the great reviews.
    .:!j.man!:.
    This is too digital and once I bought it I discovered that I had only bought half the product, you have to pay for the good model packages online which are over-priced.... sucks balls Ontop of that I also own the GT-8, Sure its a bit confusing at first but once you no how to work the thing you're in heaven. Im never trusting line 6 again, its boss/roland all the way for me.
    Bushmaster
    Well I just got mine last night and was playing it till the Wee hours of the morning. I personally LOVE this unit. If you have used any of the other products the learning curve is short. I was able to remove all the presets and customize 5 of the 32 banks. As I go I will be able to have my entire set-list into this thing!!! I really can't wait!! For those that say it's too digital.... Well with Firmware 3 I really do not hear it. But that is OK stick with you GT-6 - GT-10 this is a far superior product. This thing may not make you play guitar better but it does sound SWEET!!