POD XT Live review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: Local guitar store

I use a Fender Stratocaster Plus mainly or a Gibson SG Custom. I have a Marshall JCM800. The Line 6 XT Live seems very messy and noisy to me through my amp. It's an effect pedal to have when you have no amp for a gig. A pedal that could especially be more useful in churches. The effects for me aren't just there. It's not solid, not full/whole. I doubt any of the great guitarists would use digital multi-effects. I play AC/DC to B.B King to John Mayer to Paramore. A whole range. Maybe the XT Live might work for alternative rock like Paramore but just barely. The 80% of the distortions suck. The delays and reverb are excellent. The rest are mediocre.

I play classic rock and blues mainly. No the XT Live is not at all good for me. I've been playing and performing around the east coast for 19 years. I own a original Marshall bluesbreaker, EHX Holy Grail reverb, MXR distortion 3, Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer, Keeley katana clean boost, crybaby wah 535Q, some Boss volume pedal, Line 6 dl4, t-rex replica and a Fender Blender. The XT live sounds nothing like what I already have. My advice is to just get the real thing. Get electronic not digital. If my xt live got stolen, I wouldn't care. All I'd use the xt live for is the delays and reverb.

It's very big and hard. It would definitely be something you can drop on someone to Hurt them real bad, like concussion bad. It can stay on for hours and nothing bad happens. It doesn't need a backup. I've dropped it and spilt water on it and cracked it and it's still good. I've had it for 1 year.

The Line 6 PODXT Live sure has alot of effects. It sounds good on the whole but after time, you begin to realize the distortions, wah and flanger all sound very digital. In my opinion, it's just too much stuff. It's unnecessary. It takes alot of effort to find and set-up exactly what you want. I have to do alot of squinting at the digital display, trying to figure out certain numbers. There are adjustments you can make that I personally think are really not needed. I turned my back on digital things like these after buying it. I do adore technology and all that. But the XT Live is just way too much.

al_rb
    ok this pod is amazing but for some reason it isnt really working properly with my line 6 cabinet. basically it sounds like its using the effect on the pod mixed with whatever setting my head is at, kinda like a background.... if that makes any sense at all. does any body have some tips for me? cuz i cant find anything online