POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: The Rock Shop

I used to run through a Marshall, but after 3 months we were no longer happy with how it sounded and we decided to run straight into the Sound Desk. This made things very easy as we never had to worry about properly placing a microphone and with a direct input you only need to EQ it every few often. We use 4 or so guitars. The main one as of late being mine, a Les Paul Standard by Epiphone. My band mates use it when I am not available to play a service, in which case they either use the Fender Tele or a G&L Legacy. The effects sound great and are easy to customize to how you want them. We have several presets of our favorite artists. From memory we have about 10 presets dedicated to John Petrucci, 5 for David Gilmour, as well as several for BB King and Steven Wilson. We also have several great sounding Mesa Boogie amp presets which are great fun.

At my church we play a lot of stuff, from the quiet songs through to songs with chunky lead riffs in Drop D. The POD takes it all in it's stride and continues to perform day in and day out. If it got stolen, or something happened which rendered it unusable, then we would probably upgrade to a newer POD, or replace it with the same type. I love how it can take a hit and continues to play without issue, I love how you have the option to play direct into a Studio Input, an Amp Stack, or a PA amp (XLR output), I also love the variety of outputs it has. L/Mono, Right, Midi, XLR, the option for a second pedal is a bonus too. Nothing really beats it really. My favorite feature would have to be the Whammy and Delay presets mixed together, you can do really awesome stuff with those two features. I wish it had a Flanger, that would be the icing on the cake, but it's not really something that's needed.

Never have I had the PODXT Live fail during a service. The only time was because the circuit running all the instruments and lighting equipment decided to fail, but that was an easy fix. The POD is extremely durable and can take a hit. It's been kicked again and again (on accident), but no matter how much we deal it it keeps on going. It's seriously heavy duty and there is no need for a backup. But we do have a second just in case something really goes wrong, or if we have more than one electric guitarist. The POD is probably the most durable piece of gear I have ever used.

It can be fairly easy to get a good sound out of this beast, but I find it depends on your guitar and the build quality of your guitar. The POD I use get's used by about 4 guitars, though more often than not it's being used by mine. My guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul, whereas my band mates have Fender Telecasters and G&L Legacy's, as well as a few Cort Acoustics and a Washburn Acoustic. All of these guitars have their own characteristics and require some fine tuning to sound good, but you don't have to do much. I haven't read the full manual, but I have read bits of it and it has been very well explained. Editing patches is easy too and can either be done in a studio, or on stage in the middle of gig in seconds.

grea789
    my roomate's mother makes $79 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her check was $21010 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site Great70dotcom