PODXT review by Line 6

Line 6: PODXT

Purchased from: Herried's Music, Chico, CA

I am an apartment musician (which means I use it with headphones almost exclusively for practice and recording), and I don't get to use it with an amp very often, however in a jam setting, I was able to find a decent tone rather quickly, and a few minor tweaks in between songs got some great tone out of my Peavy Bandit 112 (something I thought would never be possible). I use a Fender Strat with EMG pickups for rock and blues and a Samick Custom Strat copy with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge for the heavier stuff, and the PODXT makes both guitars sing wonderfully.

I play all sorts of music, and it handles them all beautifully. I have been playing for 12+ years, and it's the best piece of gear (outside of my guitars) I own. It is a great value (even though I find it completely necessary to buy the FBV Shortboard) and you get an amazing bang for your buck. The best thing about the PODXT and Line 6 as a whole is that they constantly update and upgrade their products with easily downloaded patches available on their website. I waited for three years to write a review of the PODXT so I could write an objective review, and this is it. If I were to lose my PODXT, or God forbid, it should stop working at any point, I would go right out and buy another one. I give this product my full backing. On a scale of 1 to 10, in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, this one goes to eleven.

I have never gigged with it, so I wouldn't really know how durable it is, but I have never ever had a problem with it whatsoever. Although I admit I'm very careful when handling it (I own the gig bag that holds both the PODXT and the FBV Shortboard), I have dropped it a couple of times, and the metal chassis held up without a problem. I bought the dang thing used, and there's hardly a scratch on it!

First off, I have owned my PODXT for three years now, so it's a little difficult to remember how long it took for me to learn the ins and outs of the PODXT, but it didn't take too long to get it down, and now that I do, I move through it with ease. I highly recommend taking the time to read the thorough manual that comes with it in order to get it down (it is fairly large, but you can skip some stuff to get the basics down). I also own the FBV Shortboard (a must). All you have to do with that thing is plug it in and go.

DaBlackE
    Nickleback1192 wrote: I want 1 so bad i'm gana get 12 on my B-day
    Why do you need 12?
    Silky Smooth
    metal jello
    Do you mean your turning 12 or physically getting 12 PODxt's?????
    glowskulls
    Silky Smooth wrote: I slightly regret returning the pod but I could never get a "clear" sound out of the thing. It always had the blanket over the amp kinda sound. If it was just a little crisper I woulda kept it for sure.
    did you press tune, then change the 'what are you connecting to?' settings? it sound's like shit if you don't sort it, but loads of people miss it out.
    maverick_137
    is the dumble clean channel a good head in the POD XT and does it truly become heavy when the Tubescreamer is used in it
    WyroSBP90
    i myself prefer the FBV2 for switching through patches... its smaller, its a hell of a lot cheaper than a shortboard, and it gets the job done
    Trynstopme
    metal jello wrote: DaBlackE wrote: Nickleback1192 wrote: I want 1 so bad i'm gana get 12 on my B-day Why do you need 12? Do you mean your turning 12 or physically getting 12 PODxt's?????
    made me Lol in class. >_> maybe he has 12 guitars and 12 amps and a shitload of money?
    proguitarist11
    this thing works wonders. and btw, i think Nickelback1192 was trying to say 1, but he just doesn't know how to type. ah well. Personally, i love the Mesa Boogie tones on this bad boy. Makes my sound a lot bigger than it really is.