Relay G30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Relay G30

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: PMT

I use an Epiphone ZW Bullseye Les Paul and an Orange Rocker 30 head w/ cab and it sounds just like a cable! I honestly could not tell the difference between my cable and the Relay G30. No noise turning on and off... Pretty silent, no buzz or anything. You can tweak the sound thanks to the 3 way selector "Off", "15" and "30" which I pressume makes it sound like you are using a "15ft Cable" or a "30ft Cable".

I have been playing since December 2005 so getting on to 4years now and I play all styles of music, from Blues to Metal (think Bullet For My Valentine -> Pantera) and it doesn't matter what setting I have my amp on, there is no buzz. If it was stolen/lost I would definitely replace it as soon as I had the money :). I'm giving it a 9 because it does exactly what I need it to do, but I haven't had it long enough to really test it in a Gig situation! Only time will tell!

The Battery life on the transmitter is 8h I haven't timed it yet but I don't think I will ever be doing 8h of gigs without being able to buy more batteries, I don't think I would use it without back-up (always have cables handy) because nothing is flawless. If I had to change one thing, it would probably be to make the receiver metal, because having it infront of my pedals means it has to be on the floor, and I don't think the plastic would cope if I stood on it.

Plug In And Play! Really easy, you just plug the receiver into your amp and the transmitter into the guitar (cable included)and turn them both on, on the same channels obviously. It has 6 channels which is more than enough for a band needing to go wireless!

MickAlmighty
    an idiot that made me laugh like hell! and after my main cable dying on me in college today, im tempted to try one of these bad boys out myself
    nonameforme
    Beefyfrog wrote: what I meant was: Metal wise I play stuff from Bullet To Pantera rather than implying Bullet was Blues . I really didn't make myself clear sorry
    i like a smart person realized you meant metal since obviously it is not blues haha
    kschaef
    hmm..sounds legit but when I went to check them out I learned apparently they aren't approved for use in the US yet.
    stlcardinals
    MickAlmighty wrote: Ackj wrote: stlcardinals wrote: since when is Bullet For My Valentine considered blues? you, sir, are an idiot an idiot that made me laugh like hell!
    im sorry, im not familiar with the finer points of all the metal genres today, so feel free to explain.
    benx3000
    Pretty_Much wrote: How much are these american?
    Pretty_Much
    benx3000 wrote: Pretty_Much wrote: How much are these american? That would be like $400. Which seems pretty expensive, there are a lot that are around 200 to 300. But i dont know if those are any good. Dont know if I trust line 6 though, but if you say so, i just might get this.
    fuuuuudge that, i think i can deal with a patch chord and save myself $400. Although it would be pretty cool...
    Beefyfrog
    stlcardinals wrote: since when is Bullet For My Valentine considered blues?
    Sorry about that , I don't know why I put BFMV as blues =S
    Shoji001
    it looks pretty cool, and good value. my local guitar shop had a couple of these in and i couldnt tell the diffrence!!! keep the recever neer you pedal-board power, so there's little chance of you stepping on it!
    Killshot308
    Beefyfrog
    what I mean about it not sounding different to a cable is exactly that, you don't lose any of the sound ! also apart from being wireless you also don't have to keep replacing it like cables But honestly the best thing you can do is try them out and see what you prefer !
    shreddmaster666
    Killshot308 wrote: Here's a question for all you wireless mo-fo's. Isn't the point of having great cables like Monster, etc supposed to be that YOU WILL hear a difference in your sound for the better? I've been using generic cables for 20 years. If I go to a Monster cable, and I've never used one, aren't I supposed to magically hear better highs n lows n whatnot? Even less signal noise and feedback? So then if you say this unit doesn't sound any different than having a cable, what's the point other than having wireless? Unless you can say that the wireless signal itself is as good as a Monster cable signal. I'm trying to weight buying expensive cables vs. buying a wireless system. Never used wireless either. I hope I explained my point clear enough! Thanks folks!
    Monster Cables are designed in such a way that they act like a high pass filter cutting out all the staticy/harsh high end frequencies. Thats all they are good for. In my opinion, not worth the price. As far as the specs one this wireless system goes, it covers more frequency than you can actualy hear, and reproduces sound at a level on par with live sound at about 120dbs