Relay G30 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Line 6: Relay G30

It sounds great until the batteries run out. The rest of this is a cut and paste from the ease of use because this site has a minimum character requirement. BEFORE YOU BUY! Line 6 tech specs claims approx 8 hours battery life, I never got more than 100 minutes out of a fresh set of alkaline (Duracell) batteries. I went through 4 sets of fresh batteries before returning it for a refund. You can not gig with this without having to change batteries between sets. And when the batteries run out you have to power down the receiver before it will reset. The battery door latch is an absolute pain. I returned it after 2 nights performing with it.

What was Line 6 thinking? Did they think we wouldn't notice when it shut down (ran outta batteries) in the second set? The rest of this is a cut and paste from the ease of use because this site has a minimum character requirement. BEFORE YOU BUY! Line 6 tech specs claims approx 8 hours battery life, I never got more than 100 minutes out of a fresh set of alkaline (Duracell) batteries. I went through 4 sets of fresh batteries before returning it for a refund. You can not gig with this without having to change batteries between sets. And when the batteries run out you have to power down the receiver before it will reset. The battery door latch is an absolute pain. I returned it after 2 nights performing with it.

Nothing more than a toy. You can't gig with the short battery life. The rest of this is a cut and paste from the ease of use because this site has a minimum character requirement. BEFORE YOU BUY! Line 6 tech specs claims approx 8 hours battery life, I never got more than 100 minutes out of a fresh set of alkaline (Duracell) batteries. I went through 4 sets of fresh batteries before returning it for a refund. You can not gig with this without having to change batteries between sets. And when the batteries run out you have to power down the receiver before it will reset. The battery door latch is an absolute pain. I returned it after 2 nights performing with it.

JStraitiff
    The second review was idiotic. You could try lithium batteries to effectively double the battery life. And so what? change the batteries if you have to. Id change the batteries 5 times in one set just to gain the ability to run around on stage without having to worry about cables. I havent tried one of these yet but im really excited to get one soon. I have been very impressed with some of the demos where people have ridden in a truck down the street and never lost signal. No reason to go for the higher end models unless you're planning on running more than a couple hundred feet away.