Relay G30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Relay G30

Purchased from: Dawsons Liverpool

Line 6 have included a feature called Cable Tone which allows you to simulate the tone as if you were using a cable. But to my ears this makes no difference at all but the wireless itself doesn't change the tone much anyway.I've used this both live and in the studio purely because I hate getting wires caught in the door whilst recording and it sounds amazing, only fault is that it cut off a few times but that was my own fault for not changing the batteries I think. Rated an 8 because the cable tone could be more accurate.

Overall, I don't believe this system is worth 280 to be totally honest. But Dawsons was the only place where I could purchase one in Liverpool with Curly not having them in stock and Dolphin SHUTTING DOWN! :( Regardless, I'm happy I chose Line 6, our other guitarist has a Sennheiser Freeport and the transmitter on that thing is HUGE! Looks really awkward to work with live. And the Line 6 Relay is small, reliable and very easy to use. Could be cheaper though in my opinion.

My only fault with this product is the clip on the back which is glued on poorly and came off within days. However I solved the problem with a sweatband and a cable tie which hasn't failed me yet. Like I've said I use this live because I tend to trip over wires a lot being the clumsy one. It's also good for jumping to FOH to hear the sound from the audiences perspective. Reliability wise this is about a 9 but durability is a 6 purely because the plastic feels really cheap and obviously the clip fell off!

I've had this wireless pack for a few months now. It's really easy to use, very simple controls on both parts of the system. So simple in fact that I haven't yet opened the instruction manual! The battery life despite other reviews I've seen is fantastic. And when the batteries run out, changing them is easy. Going to rate the ease of this system at a 9 purely because of the simplicity of having 6 channels and flicking between them is effortless. Also the receiver is the side of your average Boss pedal so it fits easily into a pedal board and uses the same power as a pedal too!