Relay G30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Relay G30

Purchased from: MOR music , York, UK

Sounds closer to just using a lead than any other system I have used - Samson/Sennheiser etc. Sounds like a Les Paul through an Engl should. No extra noise whatsoever.

Pro guitarist for over 20 years, doing around 150 gigs a year. Gibson Les Paul Classic in white (!) through Engl Screamer with MXR Carbon Copy delay, Boss tuner and Keeley Tubescreamer (George L cables). First wireless system I have ever liked. Never had any interference or other noises, good range (I sometimes play big festival stages, no problem). Reliable and very little difference in sound to using a lead. If lost or stolen, same as would apply to the rest of my gear, I would replace with the identical model.

Used heavily for two years - around 300 gigs and no problems yet. I would say don't be rough with the battery compartment door when changing batteries.

As simple as a wireless system can be. 2 AA batteries in the transmitter, reciever powered up with mains adapter. Choose the same channel (six to choose from) on each and get playing! I didn't like the "cable simulator" settings, so just use it straight. I use Duracell rechargeable batteries, and it easily does two gigs for each charge. The normal jack input is a major improvement on other systems.

SGHart
    Had mine for three months. Had a disaster line drop last gig (fortunately had a cable backup). THEN, the cable from the transmitter to my guitar split near the input jack (bare wires showed). ALSO, battery life on my is around 4-5 hours. Barely gets thru a bar gig and I've replaced the batteries ALWAYS after practices and before gigs. ALSO, the transmitter is cheap plastic and the battery door barely clips shut (keep some duct tape handy). Sounds great when it's working but durability and quality? No way.
    SGHart
    Oh, and I spoke to Line6 Tech Support about the battery door problem (doesn't close tightly). They pulled a unit while I was talking to them, installed two AA's and sure enough had the same problem. Their advice? "Be careful when you shut the battery door. It was just designed like that"! Unbelievable. Ergo the duct tape recommendation.
    makutoid
    Dumbass saying about the batteries obviously just had a buggered unit, mine's been fine for over two years...