ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

I use an Epiphone G-400 special with a Line 6 Spider II. I also have the FBV4 foot Switch. If you know anything about the Spider II it's that it has great built in effects. On my amp, I now have 3 effects instead of distortion, so now I feel like I have a whole bunch of different petals! The built in noise gate gets all the feed back and crap I don't want out of it it's amazing. It was very interesting to compare the Spider II distortion to the petal. The petal was so much crisper and warmer. The only thing I don't like is that the pedal has a lot of Treble. It can get annoying. But when playing When Darkness Falls by Killswitch Engage I freak out with I hit that pinch harmonic it's the coolest sound ever. Great sound.

I play whatever has a good guitar part, and so far it works well with everything that I play. It goes well with my other equipment. Once you get the idea, it's an extremely good petal. I love the noise gate, but hated learning to use it. I highly recommend this pedal. Get an adapter. Or an old game boy adapter, those work well for it.

This thing weighs a ton, I'm not worried about it breaking. If I need back up, I have my amp still and that distortion is ok. And if I didn't have my handy dandy game boy adapter (oh yeah), I would probably need something else because it kills batteries in about 15 minutes (no joke)

The Line 6 ToneCores are just what you can expect from Line 6, absolutely amazing. I have found you can get a tone from '80s metal, hardcore, metalcore, emo, punk, and classic rock, it has great range and best distortion I have personally heard. When I first pulled it out of the box, it was extremely complicated. especially with the whole mid/scoop thing. If you work with the manual and then mess around with it on your own you can get pretty much whatever you want. Since it's a little complicated when you first pull it out of the box, I'm going to give it a 9. But it makes up for it in tone.

Violent-D13
    The soundbytes don't do it justice. I own it and i love the thing. I can easily match tones from Hatbreed, Static-X, and Mudvayne. The only thing i would consider replacing it with, is the Spider III Amp's insane distortion mode.
    Chiefwiddler
    Save up and buy a Boss GT-8. You only need to hear the pre-amp once, and you will bin effects forever.
    kramer4metal
    this pedal is good, very2 good... it would be better if we put in return..the sound is soooo much better.. i do this trick, and its work.
    IntheGarage
    This pedal is good at slipknot, slayer, sepuultura death metal type stuff. If you want classic distortion sounds look elsewhere. I bought it because i got a good deal on it and my amp kills at classic metal sounds but cant really get the super heavy distortion that i can get from this.
    a dying entity
    WOW THOSE SOUND CLIPS SUCK!!! they dialed in wayyy too much scoop!! this pedal is wayy better than ANY boss distortion pedal!!! but u have to try it out for yourself and ignore these crappy sound clips!!
    VeNdEttOs
    This is a really good pedal and it's very versatile it's sounds perfect! I personaly have my own settings on it and sounds perfect if you want you can e-mail me to tell u 5 stars!
    vteckid
    This really is a great pedal. Those stupid soud clips are turning a lot of people away. All I have to say is go to the guitar store and try one out, you will leave with one .
    GitterMan
    Dont listen to the sound clips. I dont know why they even posted them. To the first reviewer the pedal said ubermetal did you think you were going to get blues tones out of it? The pedal kicks ass for its intended purpose, and that is to rip your face off. Durability wise I had trouble with my echoplex (which is of the tone core line of pedals) I called them and I had a brand new one in a week. If you dont use the line 6 adapter your pedal could fail. So dont try some radio shack all in one. This pedal does deliver I guess it might depend on the amp you are running it through, and why run it through a line 6 you already have 16 to 32 distortions including the insane. Try running through a single channel tube amp. By the way the metal muff makes much more noise (though I do love it)get the top boost if you go with the muff and be prepared to add a noise suppressor, gate.
    suli559
    people listen!! the sound examples here SUCK BIG TIMEEE!!! theyr nothing compared to the real thing, this pedal is the best thing iv ever owned and i recommend it for all you metal heads out there!!
    I,Voyager
    Rotor: when I play it through my EMG 85 neck pup I get a real smooth high gain sound. It sounds dope and the notes dont loose any of their clarity (as long as the drive isn't maxed out and it's EQd decently)
    Lilldjuret
    Hah.. Durability? Nope.. Mine just died, without any reason whatsoever. These pedals are pure crap. I'm glad it stopped working. Now I have a reason to get a Metal Muff instead.