ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Purchased from: www.Samedaymusic.com

I play a Greg Bennett Concord, through a Peavey Bandit 112, and the petal sounds the same through any other set up you use. It is extremely noisy when you have the gain on any level, it is the most annoying buzz you will ever get from a petal. Though the distortion is nice on the metal setting, the insane setting is completely useless. I can match the sounds of Elysia, Parkway Drive, and Evergreen Terrace, but like I said, the fuzz makes it extremely annoying.

I play hardcore/deathmetal/progressive and it is a decent match, but I would definitely recommend something with less fuzz. I have been playing for 4 years, and I also own an Epiphone LesPaul, a Fender acoustic, and an Epiphone Explorer Bass. I really wish I would of tried out this petal before I bought it, I really am dissatisfied with it, and wish I bought something else. If it was lost or stolen, I would buy a different petal, I would probably go with a DigiTech or a Boss instead.

I feel pretty scared whenever I use this petal. It weighs about 2 pounds, so it would not be able to take a fall, and when you step on it, it feels like you are going to break the foot Switch right off. Although I have used it for 3 shows, I would definitely recommend something more durable.

It is pretty hard to get a good sound out of. Yet, that could be because you really can't get one. The distortion is decent, but there is a lot of feedback, and way too much fuzz for pretty much any style of music. The manual isn't needed, it's self explanatory.

Kemo1131
    Great pedal try this setting. Level-12, Scoop-3, Drive-3, Bass-2, Mid-1, Treble-1 switched to (Insane) Noisegate-2
    /unsigned09
    Try THIS Setting: Level-12, Scoop-12, Drive-5, Bass-5, Mid-11, Treble-5 switched to (pulverize) Noisegate-2
    bucketbots wrote: my mt 2 is far better
    I own an MT-2 and i like the ubermetal better actually
    bazman13
    i can get a decent metal tone out my tiny marshal ms4 amp. its only like 2 watts of amp and this pedal still screams through it. this thing does metal and metal only tho, from 80s thrash to everything coming out today. and be carefull on what kind of adapter you use with it, make sure its a regulated 9 volt, with atleast 70mA or it will die