ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I am currently playing an Epiphone G-400 through a Traynor 25 watt Bass Mate. It sounds great played through this and a hell of a lot louder. Only bad thing is that if I put the amp volume to around 7, it starts to sound like s***. Other than that, there's no extra noise thanks to the gate Switch. Put it on 2 and it's perfectly noiseless. There aren't any tones on this baby that I don't use frequently. I'm always messing around with it trying to get one I really like and I can't, I just like them all. Great pedal for any sort of metal or hard rock. Turn the scoop off and it's more of a rock sound and turn it on, perfect metal. I play Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, Sabbath, GN'R and AC/DC and I can get great tones for it all. I've used a few distortion pedals from Boss, the overdrive/distortion 2 and the DS-1 or whatever and the UberMetal is so much better. Absolutely kills the Boss distortions. It's louder and way more distortion and tone variety.

Freaking love it. It's great for any sort of rock or metal. Another thing about it is that you can take out the distortion's computery stuff and buy other Line 6 "brains" and use them with the same pedal. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty cool and it saves a lot of money. I've been playing now for 2 years and really wish I had gotten this more than 4 months ago. It makes everything sound better. This is a really great pedal for $100, especially compared to some of Boss's $80-$135 ones. I'd buy this again if it disappeared as soon as I could. My favourite part of this pedal is the scoop. It adds the greatest tone variety and sounds really cool. This is my favourite distortion pedal I've ever used.

This pedal kind of sucks if you're using a 9-volt battery. It only lasts around 2-3 hours and that gets really expensive. I used to use about a battery a day. So after about 3 weeks, getting an AC adapter to plug it into the wall pays for itself. I would only use this at a gig with an AC adapter cause I'd be too scared that the battery would die.

Really easy pedal to use. it's got 6 knobs: level (volume), scoop, drive, bass, medium and treble. it's also got a 3-way gate selector to get rid of all humming and a Switch for differents sounds: metal, insane and pulverize. It ranges from brighter tones to "warmer", full tones. The level knob just changes the volume. If you put it on full, you sometimes get feedback/unwanted distortion. The scoop is really cool. It changes the tone by a lot and the sounds are awesome. The drive is the level of distortion, from barely any to wicked heavy distortion. Great for any sort of metal. The bass, medium and treble knobs just adjust the different notes' volume. I found out that if you play a chord and hold it, and turn the knobs, you get a really awesome Wah-Wah sound! You really don't need the manual at all for this. Nothing needs explaining. The only thing in the manual of use is the suggestions for different tones for the eras of metal. All in all, really easy pedal to use.