ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

With this I'm mainly using my Bronze edition B.C. Rich Warlock on a DA15 Vox amp. Without the noisegates this things would be a total piece but with it you get no feedback and you don't sacrifice any of the distortion. I tend to play a lot of metal like Slipknot and some Dethklok for just an example and I can totally recreate their sounds with this pedal among others if needed. You can get a sound ranging from slight distortion to screaming Death Metal. At first glance it could seem like it just wails a little too much, thus kind of overshadowing the sound of the notes themselves. Just don't go too crazy with the scoop and you'll be fine.

When I'm playing metal and tuning down my guitar, this thing sounds so great. I've had it for about six months and is now a permanent part of my pedalboard. If this were lost or stolen I'd probably buy another one the same day. I absolutely love the variety of distortion sounds you can get from this thing. Compared to Boss's MT-2 and MD-2 I would have to go with this. The ubermetal can achieve a pretty huge variety of sounds. The sound clips don't do this thing any justice whatsoever. Trust me try it out, hearing is believing.

Totally dependable pedal in a nice and sturdy metal casing. Pretty heavy sucker but I guess that means it's pretty protected. Any gig I ever did I would have this thing with me, No Doubt. It's never failed me once but from what I've heard and read this thing wont last a half hour on a battery so I guess that could be a hassle for some people.

This pedal basically does what it says. It can produce some pretty balls to the wall metal. With 6 different knobs and 3 different settings there's a ton of different sounds you can get with this puppy. But sometimes finding the right sound can take a bit but once you get to learn the pedal and what each knob does and adds to your sound it's pretty easy to get a handle of.

MrDunn
    I personally love this baby, I admit it sounds a little shitty at first, but if you play around with the settings a bit and put it though an equalizer pedal, you can get some epic sounds out of it. It's sturdy and reliable as hell, I've dropped it, spilled beer on it and generally kicked it about, and nothing's broken, apart from my foot...
    lespaul#1
    MESAexplorer wrote: Sounds wayyyy too fizzly. You're better off with a DS1 if your strapped on cash. If not, go for some sort of tube driven distortion pedal or just save up for a better armp.
    I have the DS-1 it's good, but I cannot get a metal setting on it, it goes to hard rock and that's it, but it sounds good and is a very versatile pedal.