ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

This pedal is touchy, but it definitely gets the job done. I use it with a Dean Razorback guitar, Boss chorus pedal, and a Boss EQ pedal all running through a Crate XT120R. At first I did not like the sounds I got out of it, if it is not set right the distortion can sound very digital. If you really play with the knobs and test your distortion until it hits the spot, then you can really get a nice sound. After playing with it for a while I was able to mimic everything from progressive metal tones, to thrash, to Death Metal tones. The noise gate is also a definite plus.

I play lots of metal, mostly melodic death and thrash, and some classical and jazz. The pedal performs top notch for nearly all types of metal. I own a Boss metalzone too, however I do prefer the the Uber Metal pedal. The pedal goes great with my Boss EQ, It gives it a bit more sustain and easier harmonics. If it were stolen I would very likely buy a new one because of the diverse sounds that it offers. This pedal gets very good crunch with my razorback and can be a very heavy pedal. Also, if tuned right, you can get that classic hair band distortion style. The only thing really holding it back is how fine tuned it has to be to sound correctly. The one thing the pedal needs the most is a system of saving preferred distortion settings. For now though I still use my pen and paper

The pedal is No Doubt a brick. It weighs the better part of 2 pounds and has a full metal casing. I've had mine for about 2 years now and it hasn't had any problems. I have done some small gigs with it, and for the most part everything went well. The biggest problem is setting up the distortion. If you preset it before the gig than you need to be careful with it in hopes not to change the settings. IF you don't preset it and don't write down precise directions to get your sound than you are going to have one hell of a sound check.

It is pretty easy to understand what every knob does. The six knob set and the ability to Switch between different distortion types gives it a lot of diversity. The only problem is that you have to play with the knobs, mixing and matching for a while until you can get a nice distortion sound.

MetalMoses x
    Its a great pedal, I think the reason the sound samples suck are because the clips sound like the pedal was connected directly to a computer without first running through EQ. The pedal sounds a lot better when being effected by the low, medium, and highs you get from an amp or any other EQ you may use.