ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

I am using a B\.C\. Rich Avenge SOB guitar with a Crate amp. The pedal sounds awesome. It includes a gate (which you can turn off, or down). There has been no feedback whatsoever (which was very weird concidering before this pedal and even with a Boss-ME 300 I got so much it was annoying. The effects are awesome. You can play almost everything if you adjust accordingly. Let me give an example, when I got home with this pedal and plugged it; in about 10 minutes I was able to learn parts of Slayer - Raining Blood with a sound very similar to Slayer's guitarist. With some adjusting and learning, I was also able to play Coheeds- A Favor House Atlantic very effectively. Also, Death Metal is an ease to play (up the bass more). it's downright amazing.

Despite mentioning Coheed And Cambria earlier, I mostly play metal, preferably death or melodic death. It sounds great with alternate picking, tremelo picking, sweep picking, palm muting, tapping (though adjust the trebble if you intend to use the bottom 3-strings for tapping alot). I have been playing about 1.5 years. This pedal and the guitar I use are the first musical things I "own." For the past year I've used my father's Fender Custom Strat (which is good for clean playing, not metal), his Ibanez (not sure what model), which was okay for metal but not the best, and his Boss-ME 300 pedal. In comparison, I like my own stuff more. it's more my style. I get the sound I want. What do I love about this pedal? It's easy to use and I can get great sounds out of it for how simple and small it is. What do I hate? The batteries. Any questions? Leave comments and I will respond (hopefully).

For the most part I can depend on it. Sadly, when I got home I found out that you need 9-volt batteries (which die fairly quickly) or you can buy some adapter to plug into the wall. Had I been aware of this I would have grabbed the adapter while I was at the guitar center (which, mind you, is about 20 miles away). With price of gas, I think I'll order one via the internet. Would I use it at a gig? I am not sure. I have not gigged. If it sounds the same as it does now, with a Live band that is; I surely would.

This is a simple pedal, however that does not make it bad. There is a manual that briefly describes how to use it, and gives a few settings you can input to get certain sounds (I didn't bother with those personally so I can't say much about them). All this pedal really is is a bunch of knobs that you can turn to get the effect you want. You need to mess around with it really. The pedal itself that you push with your feet is kind of cool because it allows you to go from a metal distortion to whatever setting your amp has on (I like to keep a clean setting on the amp and use the distortion in the pedal, it's enjoyable when you want to Switch between them).

olij92
    Chiefwiddler wrote: Why is it that in EVERY review, people have to write "..if it were lost or stolen, I would...blah blah"???? Is it law??
    Because when you create a review it has guidelines that help they help you think of what to say
    JD Blue Venom
    ive played with mine live this week sounded ****ing awsome, solo sounds are intense i freestyled with the toher guitarist and it blew his marshall crunch away it can be fuzzy at times but what do u want a perfect distortion? maybe the next model will sound better but for now uber metal does the trick for me it only sucks if u dont have it through an amp if u do have it through an amp then yay and i dropped it behind a piano in the studio (long story) and the knob settings didnt even move lol so its reliable for sure
    3dd_bggst_fan
    i love anything from line 6. i play a line 6 amp and its sweet. i havent played this pedal yet but it has alot to live up to