ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I run this pedal with an Ibanez RG2EX1 and a Marshall MG15DFX amp. This guitar is not very noisy at all, even with the noise gate set at off. I usually keep it set at 1 and all you need to do is merely put your hands on the strings and it's as if you turned off your amp entirely. The only gripe that I have with the noise gate is that it will cut out my sustain, but for every good thing there is a bad thing along with it, and I can deal with having a low sustain. It has three different types of gain, all of which you can control with the gain knob on the pedal. I use the Pulverize setting mostly for that new Slayer sound, or Metal for the Iron Maiden, old Slayer, and Metallica sound. I can't speak highly enough about the noise gate and the scoop knob, they both are what make this pedal so unique and also extremely versatile.

I play mostly metal and punk and this pedal works perfectly for both. I've been playing for about 2 years and I think I'll be keeping this pedal for many, many years to come. If this pedal was stolen or lost I think I would definitely buy it again, for the price it's an amazing value. I have no regrets buying this pedal, although I do with that you could use the noise gate on the pedal without having the distortion on so that you could use it to quiet other pedals in your line up if you needed to.

I feel that I can depend on this pedal very much, it's built like a tank and I would have no worries at all using this pedal for a gig without a back up.

This pedal is extremely easy to use, it's pretty much set up as a regular pedal with the bass, mid, treble, volume, gain, and scoop knobs. They're pretty much all self explanatory, but the scoop knob is pure genius, you can use it to cut out your mids, or if you choose, you can even boost them depending on which way you turn the knob. However, you will want the power supply with this pedal, I have heard that it can eat through batteries very fast, so I took the safe route and bought the power supply straight away.

MonsterOfRock
    My friend annoys the crap outta me with this thing. Its just a big mush of thin distortion... im sure it can do better than that if u tweak it right. And that was my 2 cents.
    The JesterHead
    Actually, the only thing worse than the clips themselves are the "example" distortions given in the manual that comes with the pedal... Now those are some crappy examples, I've tried them all and those are the worst examples of something I've ever seen... You can do wonders with this pedal no matter what anyone says, just experiment with it and get an awesome tone... It also depends much on the amp you use it with, ans it doesn't always work that well in certain combos, but my Randall seems to take care of it nicely ^_^
    the metal99
    try to make this short and sweet. uploaded sound files can be distorted from their true sound depending on how it was recorded and transfered among other things. don't be quick to listen to people that tell you not to buy something because they say they're smarter than someone else. the best way to find out if you like something is to TEST IT YOURSELF and make your own decision. have fun kiddos. p.s. - just read JesterHead's (intelligent) post, seems we're on the same page. --don't be dumb.
    psss
    line 6's insane settings just promote bad tones. nothing worse then no mids in a tone, theres just no clarity.
    TheeMoppyCopter
    i dont actually have this stompbox, but i do have a line 6 spider III amp and with a little tweaking on the insane setting... nothing short of epic
    happy strummer
    i got one from a neighbor for christmas (hes a drummer lol... he didnt really know what to buy for a guitarist) and i hated it at first, but now its just amazing after some playing around with. i play through an old Ibanez TB100 half stack and a Line 6 FloorPOD and the POD adds the little extra bass and clarity needed to make this a killer pedal. i havent listened to the sound examples but i say its a great pedal.
    liarsynic
    NatDeroxL7 wrote: if you want high gain go buy a high gain amp. pedals are never going to replace the real sound of a top quality high gain amp.
    Oh my god did someone here just have an epiphany? Wow are you a dumb ass? god your retarded. You should write a book. How To State The Obvious For Retards