ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

I use the Uber-Metal in line through the input on my amp. The built-in Noise Gate allows for complete silence when muting the strings. I have found that it allows you to keep the note sustained with no clipping while canceling out low level hum. The gate responds based on the setting but why take it off of 2? This pedal is capable of producing tones that work in any genre. I find that the Pulverize setting is the most versatile. The Metal setting is a less gain-y rock sound and the Insane is more for "Death Metal Tremolo picking" kind of playing. Metallica, Slipknot, Sabbath, Priest, Slayer and other bands that play with heavy, crunchy, sucked out tones are easily recreated with the Uber-metal. The Scoop Switch kind of contours the sound and can really create drastic differences in sound with slight turns. I have a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone that gives the Uber-Metal a run for it's money but it is a high quality product.

I play mostly metal and this pedal can cover that. I don't know if this is for the blues man or the singer/songwriter but it has the metal sound down pat. Like I said before, I have a Boss MT-2 that is better to my ear but with the built in noise gate on the Uber-Metal it's like two for one. Try cranking the bass for those Death Metal runs or cutting the mids for a more percussive rythmic chunk. This pedal would more than get you started on a collection of quality boxes and the real value is in the sturdy construction.

This pedal is good for a lot of sounds but not every sound. It can get a little bassy, and the insane amount of gain doesn't always make for good tones. I don't gig but this pedal is built like a tank. It ways like 5lbs and is very. very solid. I doubt it would break if thrown at the wall but I don't plan on testing my theory. Anyways, it definitely is worth giving a try at your local shop and you never know if it will sing to you or not.

The Uber-Metal from Line-6 can be a valuable addition to your current rig. It come equipped with controls for:Level, Bass, Mid, Scoop, Treble and Drive. It also has a switch to change between 3 different Models:Metal, Pulverize and Insane.The second switch chooses the Gate setting(off, 1 and ). Turning any of the knobs creates very noticeable change in tones. It came with a manual in several languages with some suggested settings to get you started.