ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Purchased from: Sam Ash Music Store in Paramus NJ

My personal setup is a Peavey Axcelerator Ax with 2 Single Coil Pickups and one Humbucker hooked into a 65-Watt Crate Amp. I use an Ibanez and an AXL cord. Both are 15 feet long. The sound of the pedal was impressive to say the least. It was surprisingly versatile. I was able to go from a slightly overdriven to an insanely distorted sound. Personally, I was impressed with the Scoop setting and the effect that it had on the sound. It was great for the sound that I was going for. Good for Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, really anything of that nature. As I said, it was very versatile. When I cranked the Bass setting up, it was spectacular for chugging. Also great for shredding with the high gain. I was thoroughly impressed in this aspect. Interestingly enough, I was also able to get a "spot on" Eddie Van Halen sound going too. Also has a good noise gate which can be adjusted with a Switch.

Overall, I was impressed with this pedal. What it lacks in reliability, it makes up for in it's solid and adjustable sound. Pesonally, I would prefer the distortion on this pedal to my Zoom G21.u pedal. This pedal would be perfect if it were not for the battery. I give it an 8 out of 10 because of the great sound but terrible reliability.

This is where the ball was dropped. Then kicked. And popped by the neighborhood bully. Although the pedal itself is built like a brick. (I swear it must be bullet-proof) I was severely dissappointed by the extremely short battery life. This may not have been a huge deal if it ran on AA batteries. But unfortunately, it runs on a power cell(one of those square batteries.) which are quite expensive. They cost about $3-$4 for one. I would never play a Live gig if it was for more than an hour, just out of concern of the battery dying on me. Fortunately, there are DC Adapters available and of course that helps. Although if you use a large pedal board, it can be a pain to have extra cords hanging off. I give it a 6 simply for the durability of the pedal itself. The battery life was a major let down.

I literally got this pedal one week ago, and after playing it, have decided that I've worked with it thoroughly enough to write a review on it. First off, the manual was fairly easy to read and understand. Nothing special, average instruction with illustrations. I found the breakdown of all of the knobs and their operations simle to comprehend yet detailed. The pedal of course was easy to set up. Pull the pedal up, insert battery, plug it into an amp and your ready to go. Sweet and simple.

rise1984
    Is there any way to get a sound out of this which doesn't sound like a nasty buzz saw when playing single notes?? Pedal is really really ordinary and I'll be replacing mine in the near future