ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: the Rockshop

I have a Jackson rr5fr, a homemade axe (named Godzilla) with a very excellent single stolen from a 1979 strat, and a Ibanez GIO. It sounds good with any one of those.its coming out of a Fender Frontman 15G. It sounds fantastic. If you were to chuck this into a Marshall jcm 800 2106 withn 4 400watt amps with celestion G12 speakers, it could kill a mammoth. The distortion is roaring.its a very strong sound. My favourite artists are Pantera, Arch Enemy, Metallica, Slayer, Mastodon etc... Its relatively impossible to get a dimebag sound, just because its so original. But the Arch Enemy blah blah, its easy to dial in a real brootal kick arse sound.

I play a mix of industrial, thrash, progressive and melo death, and it suits my sound perfectly. I have been playing for three years and bass three before that. I wish I had asked for an adaptor sooner. I love the sounds I can get out of it. It can go from Eric Clapton, to michael amott, to kirk hammett, to munky, in just a few seconds. Its unbeleivable. I love this thing...

since it is built like a tank, and it will not break anytime soon, I can rely on it without a backup, but it does eat through batteries, so the adapter is essential, for a gig.honestly, it takes about 20 minutes to kill a new battery. Its haevy, sturdy and is insane

this pedal is ballistic. Its so easy to find your sound... Just turn the knobs till it sounds good... Lol. Personally, I like my tone to be relatively sharp, so the treble is usually at 9 ish. But the good thing is the noise gate. I only use it only if I need to, like if I'm playing a guitar with some piece of crap single coil. But usually I like the fuzz.. The manual was easy to read and explained what every thing was.

Im_Broken
    Sonic Blast wrote: is the noisegate on it very good?
    yes. cuts out all unwanted noise...every single bit. its fantastic
    Im_Broken
    Heat-13 wrote: Sorry... just have to say it. What a stupid name...
    what do you mean? its exactly what it is. its better than Metal Zone or Death Metal etc...it original,man. Metal Zone sounds lame...
    Northernmight
    Some of these comments are a little weird.. Try playing around more with the pedal. Because you can avoid fuzz and such (NEVER had a problem with it), and you can also EASILY get a more classic distortion out of it. Hell, i found an almost perfect Black Sabbath sound once, i shit you not. That might be the only hard thing about this pedal is, that there is alot more possibilities in it than you expect. You can find all kinds of crazy sounds.. Even a bloody Van Halen tone have i achieved before. Just want to shout out that this IS a great pedal. It beats every other distortion pedal i've tried by a mile. Also the thing about it being too noisy to record with, that's bullshit too, honestly. YOU might have had problems, that doesn't mean the pedal is the problem. I have recorded all in all 4 albums with this sweety, and it has never let me down. Though i must admit that after reading alot of these comments and reviews, i have a funny feeling that there might be some malfunctioning with the pedal in some cases. I mean, the people who say they can't find a decent tone, can't record with it and so on. Try taking it back and getting a new one. because it really is a sweet thing. Bloody amazing to say the least.
    taylor0714
    i have a line 6 top and im tryin to find a pedal to basically replace me using the insane button cols when i want to play a song with clean to heavy i just cant switch it that well, i have a metal core pedal but i just cant create any sounds with that, dont like it at all, do you think this pedal will do that job ??
    Revocati0n
    I can get any tone at all with this pedal. I got a Sabbath tone by changing the settings, then using a different guitar. It can do anything you need it to, and more.