ToneCore Uber Metal review by Line 6

Line 6: ToneCore Uber Metal

Purchased from: PMT (Leeds)

I mostly play Metallica so all it's really not so complex to set up... If you want an "...And Justice" or "Black Album" tone, just scoop the mids and crank up the bass. If you want a "Kill 'Em" or "Ride" tone, crank up the mids and turn the bass and treble down a tad. The modes on the pedal are just personal preference to be honest. The gate is so f--king helpful too, when playing the dirty "The Thing that should not be" chunky chuink fat tone. Also, the new Metallica stuff don't require so much gain so calm it down when trying to get a "Death Magnetic," etc tone. I put a little gain on the amp first, and set it up on the pedal from there. P.S. Try to use an axe with humbuckers for best results.

You can really get a sweet Metallica rhythm tone from this beauty (I say beauty but the colour is a bit nasty haha) and the gate is sososo helpful. You can get a nice chuggy chug tone from this, too. I swear Metallica used this on "And Justice" or something, and for the price (I got mine for 29) It's a real bargain! I have been playing guitar for around a year and a half and piano for 5 years and I go to Leeds Collage of Music every Sunday, so it's really second nature to me. IF this was stolen, I would whack the guy who stole it in the fave with this brick made of Metal. My favourite thing about this is the simplicity and the gate. The worst thing is probably its too like Metallica, if I was being picky. Why clone when you can create?! But its a sweet scooped tone, too. I chose this for the price. I went to the shop and asked for the Boss equivalent. I only had 50 and knew I wasn't going to get something AMAZING for that price. So I asked for the Boss and they said that was 90, and they said they have just got a batch of these Uber Metal's in for only 29. I thought "Bargain". So I tried it out and it really suited my playing style. For the price it's unbeatable really. Awesome Pedal!

I would easily play this with out a backup. It's built like the Russian Army and is so handy and clear to set up, even on stage. I don't think you break it in a hurry and the best thing is, on all pedals, if you use the adapter, you don't need to worry about any batteries dying! I bought this mainly for switching between clean and dirty, for example, "Fade To Black" and "...And Justice," so it won't be really getting stomped on too often. None of the knobs have fallen off yet so that's a bonus, haha!

This pedal is so easy to use... Just turn the knobs and find the tone you want haha, I mostly play Metallica so it's not really that complicated, haha! Set your mode (Metal, Pulverate and Insane), Scoop, mids, gain etc, and just shred! Also, this pedal is really built like a brick. I play mine with an ESP MH100NT through a shitty Vantage amp. The knobs are sweet with a little give in the twisty action... And the gate makes high-gain playing literally effortless! The thing weighs at least 10 pounds and is honestly built like a tank! Awesome!

FlammenMeer
    Ok, so I own thhis pedal among a few other ones (like the metal muff, MT-2 and a digitech DM), it is good, they all are in their own way. But I mostley play MetallicA and I can get a beefier chug out of the muff rather than UB, even though I know UberMEtal is capabel of much more than the Muff. What are the settings? for metallica? for a good chuggy, beefy, mean Hetfield tone?! Thanks!
    Elec Guitarist
    Jeez, looking at the reviews and comments do I realize I scored hardcore. I got this atomic bomb for $19.99 used at Guitar Center, and it works great. People payed so much for this brick but i guess I got lucky. On their website, they have really bad-sounding examples, but please, ignore that, for this pedal is in my opinion worth a lot more than I got it for.