TonePort GX review by Line 6

Line 6: TonePort GX

Purchased from: Ebay

Sound is GREAT! It goes from 16 bit (cd quality) all the way to 32 which is great! It can be noisy depending on the setting... but thats no problem! Its got a wonderful noise gate in the pod farm software! You can totally remake sound replicas of your favs. I am a megadeth and revocation fan and you can definitely pump out WAY more tone and Distortion than needed. I'd say the effects are all awesome! Except the wah. No auto Wah so it doesn't actually "wah" it just wwwwwwwwww's or aaaaaaaa's or hhhhhhhhhh's. Doesn't do them in order. One or the other

I do metal, Jazz, Blues, and virtuoso. I actually do jazz and blues I'm not just trying to sound well rounded. I got second in the state of texas for jazz back in high school and instructed guitar in beaumont. I've been playing for I forget maybe 7 or 8 years. I wish I would've asked how soon i'd want to upgrade to the ux1 or (Less than a year due to lack of mic input). But due to this one being that much cheaper at the time, I'd say its still worth it if mic in isn't necessary. I had a tascam us-100 for that. I'm hand-me-downing it all to my younger brother. I love everything. Its a sexy little device and no hassle. I compared to the us-100 and some M-Audio somethin or other. This was by far better (aside from the mic in) if only for the Pod Farm and asio drivers. Then not to mention the 32 bit recording is nice. Great product. Great Price.

incredibly reliable. Never had a single problem. Even dropped it in the toilet. Not really. But I'm sure it wouldn't do too bad. I would trust it on a gig if I could hook it up to larger speakers. Its only got one headphone out and one guitar in and you need a computer. So gig... if it were gig equipment I'd trust it by itself.

Extremely easy to use! If you know how to use your effects the right way its even more simple than a mess of real pedals and sounds just as good considering most are digital anyway. The manual... wouldn't know never had to look at it cause its so simple. However it is not just plug and play. You need ASIO drivers to get the real deal out of it. But POD farm came with it! all on the disk.

KoK_Guitarist
    I recommend the KB37 by Line 6. Not only it's a midi controller but you can plug in your guitar/bass,vocals all in one unit.The toneport gx is more for starters or when you're on the road.
    dlowe102
    I dig mine. I have it going through the input of a m-audio hooked up to my pc then through a home stereo system with a pair of big home stereo speakers and a yamaha sub. sounds really good
    lilke
    Do I need to use somesort of DAWs to get a good sound out of this when recording? Because right now I have an rp155 and although the clean sound is good, is impossible to get a good distorted recording out of it
    lilke
    DAW obviously, but what I meant to ask was if I needed some crazy plugins?
    jimbojones5678
    This is the best peice of gear I have ever bought - got it secondhand for $30 and was even able to register it with Line 6 by saying I got it as a present. Support from Line 6 is amazing btw. Works flawlessly with all PCs I have had over the last 6yrs and is currently what I use to record with through Amplitube and GR5. Total value for money - the peeps that say they have popping are obviously not running ASIO and the ones that say it doesn't work obviously haven't got it plugged in correctly. Which I must say is so easy that some peeps must have brain damage...GET ONE!