TonePort UX1 review by Line 6

Line 6: TonePort UX1

Purchased from: Big Deal Music

I use the TonePort with an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth, and monitor it through a Marshall MG15DFX, sound is great and it's just well, got pretty much any sound you could require, minus the cat meows and Dalek sound effects on some multi effects pedals. There are tonnes of preset tones that replicate the tone of bands such as Iron Maiden and Metallica to name but two (albeit the latter not being totally faithful to Kirk or James' sound). On the Line 6 website you can even purchase add-ons to the amp and effects library for $49.99. I intend to use this for some home recording for a demo I plan to put together and the recording quality although a litlle quiet is in my opinion as close to studio production as you can get.

I play everything from Metal to Ska and this suits all styles, the amount of different sounds you can bang out of this thing are ridiculous, it makes me smile just thinking about it. I do own a wah pedal which I don't use partcularly often and subsequently haven't tried running it through the TonePort, but I suspect it would be fine. I compared this product to the other home recording products in Line 6's range and this seemed to be excellent both in price and functionality. I would buy this pedal again if it were stolen/lost and I advise anyone interested in home recording to get this now, you won't regret it.

This is a really very dependable thing and hasn't cut out on me or anything yet, only problem is that occasionally you get a pop come through the monitor, which I personally don't know how to rectify, could be a bad cable as I have had trouble with it in the past, but even so its a very minor problem. It isn't exactly something I would use to gig with but if I had no pedals and just this and a laptop then yeah I would definately use it.