TonePort UX1 review by Line 6

Line 6: TonePort UX1

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I use this with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. It sounds pretty good to me. The only problems that I have had is that every once in a while, I get a loud static sound in my headphones for a split second. I don't think that this shows up in the recording though. It might just be my headphones. It has a ton of effects and you can pretty much get any sound that you would ever need out of it. For instance, I downloaded the Nirvana - Come As You Are patch and it sounds exactly like Nirvanas recording. It just takes some playing around with.

I will play mostly anything. I write and play hardcore most of the time. But I am always open to other types of music. Lets just say Rock in general. This easily matches my style because it will match anyones style. I have been playing about 7 months now. If this were stolen or lost, I would most likely buy it again if I had the money. It is a cheap and simple way to record guitar, bass, and vocals. The only thing that I would change would be the sound output. I would like for the sound to come out of my computer speakers rather than my headphones. This does allow you to do it but you have to buy cables. It should just be a choice in the computer. I compared this to M-Audios Fast Track USB. They were pretty similiar, but I had experience with other Line 6 products in the past so I spend the extra money for this.

I can depend on it. I only use it for recording myself because I just play guitar for fun. I don't think that it would give up on me because ther isn't really anything to go wrong with it. I wouldn't use it on a gig because its really a recording device. You could work it through a laptop with a foot pedal if you wanted to but that seems a little complicated for a gig.

This is a fairly simple piece of recording equpment. I had it up and running pretty quickly without any problems. Editing patches is simple because the whole interface is right there on your computer screen. You can also download presets from the Line 6 web site.

OttovanZanten
    you cannot connect this to your normal amp? only to your computer (and then to your amp)?
    miggse
    make sure you dont turn on your amp at high volume and connect it to the ux1. i have blown 2 up now.