TonePort UX1 review by Line 6

Line 6: TonePort UX1

Purchased from: Ebay

There are 18 default amp models, and 5 bass amp ones. There also ab out 30 stompbox and studio effects. All this can easily achieve hundreds of combos to get a decent sound of the default packs. You can also purchase more through the Line 6 monkey program. If you are a novice and need a base effect to work from, the GearBox has many presets, and by using the GearBox's GuitarPort Online service you can search and install user made presets that are made to either be personal effects or artist effects that come close. I myself have easily made similar sounds to bands like, Megadeth, Pantera, Metallica, APC, and a multitude sounds of the varying sounds of each album. The key is use your ears and never scoop out the Mid ranges if you are trying to get a good dist. Its a myth to make it sound big and bright by cancelling them out.(this wont mix well with a song as the bass is phased out by the rest of the mix) I use only one amp model (Line 6 Spinal Puppet with a 1x12 1964 Blackface Lux cab.) I vary that pretty much to match any dist from any bands by changing the cab models.

I play mostly metal, so I tend to focus more on the distortion and was able to achieve relative success in creating sounds I've needed. By far this was a largely productive gain from buying this effect station. For a decent price, this was well worth the price for what I've gotten out of this unit. I'd lastly like to add that you can visit my UG profile to see how this unit sounds with my uploaded mp3 covers.

Overall the reliably totally depends on your system, which overtime can put a sizable strain on your cpu. But I've had mine for over 5 years, and it still works perfectly with the exception of the buffering rate will skip and cause a small pause when trying to record. This can be confusion and frustrating when trying to record by if you keep time and play through it you can really see and hear results. I wouldn't use it as a gig tool... Obviously its not meant for it but it does perform really well in the "studio" when used right. I would definitely recommend this for anyone starting out to record for themselves as its a pretty versatile program. (I record and practice with mine ALL the time) I have almost no use for a physical amp.

I play this with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and find recording results are only limited to your ability to mix, which with the right adjusting you can achieve awesome effects for any time of genre. Using it is easy as plug in and play, with minimal install steps, you can also easily play along with a tracks using the built in media player.