Live Loop Composer V1.0 review by Loopr

Loopr: Live Loop Composer V1.0

Purchased from: iTunes

Basic setup is an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad with iOS5 or better. To use MIDI, you need a CoreMIDI compatible interface, and to have better sound, you can use any CoreAudio compatible interface (but beware of the common use of the port by MIDI and audio interfaces). I used a Tascam iU2 iOS audio/MIDI interface with no problem and good sound quality. No effects provided, just plain recording.

I play ambient and pop music using loopers. This software is simple but is an effective piece of software. Very efficient in terms of UI. Great MIDI implementation. It could easily replace my heavy RC pedalboard for most of my live looping occasions. Love its solid as rock MIDI tempo out sync and the ability to export the loops by email. Looking forwards for a future version.

On my couple of hours test, no crash and everything went flawlessly. I would practice a bit more with it before going on a gig, I'm more cautious with software than hardware (thought I probably shouldn't).

The Live Loop Composer from Loopr is a simple 4-track looping app that advantageously replaces my usual looping pedalboard. This V1 is limited, but does the job well and is easy to use either one handedly, or via a MIDI pedalboard (best if you have one they recommend). You can even use your loopstation in sync as it offers solid MIDI tempo out sync. You can save and export your sessions via email. That too is easy, and you can even do it while it plays with no interruption. The manual is not the best I've seen, but it's easy enough to understand the UI without. There are however multiple videos and explanations on the official website (www.loopr.net).