Eternity Overdrive review by Lovepedal

Lovepedal: Eternity Overdrive

Purchased from: www.ebay.com

Wonderfully smooth and powerful overdrive. The Drive knob on mine will take you from the absolute edge of breakup all the way to a classic rock roar. The glass knobs on my other E's never gave me this much top end! It's not harsh, it's smooth, but it puts most of the treble boosters I've heard completely to shame. The Drive is very articulate and flowing. This Overdrive is the reason people by Sean's wares. I used to think that it was just hype when people talked about his hand-wired pedals, but I'm a believer now!

I do my best to just play guitar. If it turns out I start playing a little more metal or a little more blues or a little more jazz (or whatever) it doesn't really matter to me. I like gear that inspires me to play a certain way, this pedal inspires me greatly. Once I assemble my pedal board I'll be tempted to leave it on permanently.

As I said I've owned two E's before this one, and I've also had Sean's pickle vibe and a couple of the COT pedals. Everyone of them has been solid as a rock, this one is no different... except that I have absolutely no desire to sell it. Not sure if it should be in this section, but it should be said that some of Sean's pedals sound a lot better with a battery than they do with a wall wart (one of my COT pedals was like that), but it seems to be inconsistent for me. Long story short, this pedal has no preference and runs equally well with either alkaline or plug in power.

I believe this is my third Eternity pedal (the first two I bought were the Kanji and Fuse, both were pre-fab'd), and it's by far my favorite. I bought this one second hand from a gentleman off ebay. It's supposedly the 'roadhouse' version. I'm not sure on that part, but I know that mine's hand-wired (and gooped) and sounds a great deal better than the pre-fab'd ones Sean's selling now. Level, glass and drive. Super easy to dial in and find what you need.

SleepFan
    I got a Lovepedal 10th Anniversary Eternity Overdrive by Vintage King and it's awesome!