Gen5 Echo review by Lovepedal

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Lovepedal: Gen5 Echo

My setup is as follows Samick SG>Vox Callsic Wah>Proco Rat Distortion>Gen5 Echo delay>Small Clone chorus>Blue Voodoo 50w. I can't say enough good things about this pedal, for emulating David Gilmour or Phil Keaggys more spacy parts. If your going for a more noticeable slap back delay or a less noticeable almost reverbish sound this pedal has. I'd recommend it to anyone as a main or secondary delay.

I play a mutltitude of different styles of music, and have used just about every delay pedal their is to offer, and I would put this little guy toe to toe with any other delay pedal on the market. Just buy it, get off your computer and purchase this guy as soon as humanly possible.

Extremely durable, my pedals usually stay in their case but there is one thing I feel inclined to mention. The feedback, boost, and mod switches may appear to be cheap but they are great and function amazingly well. I feel too many times when you turn a knob on some delays nothing happens, this pedal does not share that feature. When you Switch something it changes your sound.

Super easy, As far as controls go, its has the same basic set up of any analog delay pedal. Mix, Delay, and feedback. It also includes 2 other functions that were the real selling points for me. A Boost knob(10 decibals) which for any player is always a nice perk. And then (The main selling point) a variable modulation knob. Really cool since most of its competitors (carbon copy, memory toy, etc) have a fixed mod switch. Or in the case of the carbon copy, internal trim pots.

deancbradley
    It hasn't come off my board even with buying a Flashback. It's character is so different and more "dynamic" play soft, then hit one note a little harder it responds. Way more than my Flashback which I love. This is in my "never sell" pedal catagory Simply beautiful modulation, I hate predictable chorus modulation this is So variable. Been playing for 35 years. If u can get one.
    kaweichan
    Now that would be a very cool feature.. I hope ug is reading this as feedback