JamLab review by M-Audio

M-Audio: JamLab

Price paid: C$ 59

Purchased from: eBay

There's some feedback and loud grring sounds as the speakers remain idle when you have specific effects selected. Certain effects are good, and the software is comes packaged with is decent. However, I would recommend buying JamLab just for the input to your computer and actually buying different effect software. I recommend Guitar Rig 3. But with Guitar Rig 3, the thing sounds great.

Overall, I'd recommend it if you're looking for an input to plug your electric guitar into your computer. But I would not recommend the software it comes packaged with. There are too little effects, and most of them are crap. If you just need an affordable input, get JamLab. But the software and effects that it does come with are decent for beginners. I like that it's easy to use and gets the job done, it works great with Guitar Rig 3 and can output the great effects it uses.

It's dependable, small, and durable. Don't expect it to break if I were to drop it. It's a well made piece of equipment, even though it's pretty simple. I'd use it at a gig without a backup. It's a reliable piece of equipment and I've had 0 problems with it and don't expect to.

It took me a while to figure out how to set up the thing. Installation was a breeze, but at first I thought the sound was supposed to come out of your computer. It was a little misleading. But, you simply have to plug in speakers or headphones into the headphone input jack, in the device. So if you're having trouble getting sound to come out of your computer when you use this thing, it's because the sound doesn't actually come out of your computer! But from there on out, it's plug-and-play, pretty simple to use. The software that comes with it is also easy to use. Unfortunately, there were no drivers for Windows Vista until today, they just released beta Vista drivers, which I have yet to test.