Shredhead - British Distortion review by M.V. Electronics

M.V. Electronics: Shredhead - British Distortion

Purchased from: Mark V.

I'm using an Ibanez Semi-Hollow guitar, through a Marshall Valvestate. I must say that this little pedal packs a mean punch. The only issue for me here is the noise it makes when the pedal is left on and the gain gets past the 12 o'clock mark. Also, this pedal is perfect for metal or hard rock types, but maybe a little bit off for alternative, pop-punk or pop rock types of songs. The tone is there, the sustain is there - it's just that it could get pretty muddy around the low-mid frequency and a bit, "reverberated". Could be the presence knob? I'm not sure.

I prefer distortion boxes that have a much quicker, tighter response when it comes to attack. But that's personally just a matter of taste, and this pedal stays as a great pedal in itself. Although you really might want to try it out first for yourself and see if it matches your style of music. I was tempted to replace this pedal of my board, but decided to keep it for searing classic lead solos - now that, this pedal does wonderfully.

Looks okay. Knobs looks a bit fragile, but love the overall size though as it's pretty easy to carry around. Had small issues with the switch when it wouldn't turn on when stomped at, but it was just a one time thing. Pretty reliable for gigs. BUT, honestly I'd bring a backup distortion just in case it conks out.

This pedal is very easy to use. Four knobs to edit your level, gain, tone and presence. I bought the pedal made around the 400 mark, forgot what issue it was exactly. There's no manual for this pedal, not even a box (but that's alright). Wished the design was painted on the box though rather of it being just a sticker. But that's just personal taste.

mendriz1
    I've ordered this day in sir mark v. Next week I will be giving a review on my own SH how it does