Mighty Red Distortion review by Mad Professor

Mad Professor: Mighty Red Distortion

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Gumtree

This thing tears my AC15 a new one. It really brings life to a single channel tube amp, ripping through any band's loud drummer. The real kicker to this is the silence in which it operates, genuinly no unwanted noise when its on! I find it brings anything from a Vintage higain metal to a modern higain broot. Very impressed with the versatility and tone out of this.

For any metal/hardcore/hard rock lover who wants a handmade, boutique distortion pedal that isnt your standard sound, this is perfect. I upgraded from a modded MT-2, and haven't looked back. Silent operation and a wicked tone give it a head above the alternatives. Really worth the extra money for such a phenom.

Haven't gigged with it yet, but I'll be sure to try it soon. I use it as my 2nd channel for my AC15 at band practices when I don't lug my JCM around, a worthy replacement. Haven't had to experience any problems in the 6 months I've owned it, don't think I ever will.

Handmade in Finland, its an amazing pedal. I wish I could end this review there. However, I'll continue. This distortion pedal is said to give a great 80's higain tone, but it really does so much more. Leave the distortion at around 3, and you get a nice, medium distortion with just enough breakup on a clean amp. Crank it to 10 and you bring the walls down. The manual is simple, and in english!

sewoo55
    this thing looks good.... but i wish it had a 3 band EQ. can u get a lamb of god sound with this?
    greeny23
    you can get close, but it all depends what amp your using it with.
    Emmanuel200
    Personally, I tend to you metal distortion pedals to play modern punk. I think that a lot of metal pedals are very versatile. You can do a lot with this. This pedal seems like something I'd want. But I'm a hobo, so I can't afford it. :/
    theblackmold
    damn 200 bucks hope it covers all your distortion needs, maybe theres a video on YouTube with some samples
    Dallinisrad
    i dont get it, dosnt the world have enough distortion pedals already? and tehy all suck. just get a good amp with good distortion. unless you want fuzz, in my opinion fuzz is a completely different effect. but most distortion and "overdrive" pedals just sound fuzzy anyways lol
    rv_phoenix
    mrwildchild wrote: wow damn this 1 is expensive..
    I can assure you it worths every penny. If you're a metal player, this is the best metal distortion on this planet. (That's because Pete Cornish doesn't have a metal distortion in his current range... and I'm not that rich and famous to order a custom-made one!) IMHO, Mad Professor is No.2 on Earth in effects pedals, ranking immediately behind His Excellency Pete Cornish. But if you think a MP is expensive, go and visit Pete's site... Once again, a good, balanced review, which tells us all we have to know about this device.