Mighty Red Distortion Review

manufacturer: Mad Professor date: 06/08/2010 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Mad Professor: Mighty Red Distortion
review (1) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Mighty Red Distortion Reviewed by: greeny23, on june 08, 2010

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Gumtree

Ease of Use: Handmade in Finland, its an amazing pedal. I wish I could end this review there. However, I'll continue. This distortion pedal is said to give a great 80's higain tone, but it really does so much more. Leave the distortion at around 3, and you get a nice, medium distortion with just enough breakup on a clean amp. Crank it to 10 and you bring the walls down. The manual is simple, and in english! // 9

Sound: This thing tears my AC15 a new one. It really brings life to a single channel tube amp, ripping through any band's loud drummer. The real kicker to this is the silence in which it operates, genuinly no unwanted noise when its on! I find it brings anything from a Vintage higain metal to a modern higain broot. Very impressed with the versatility and tone out of this. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Haven't gigged with it yet, but I'll be sure to try it soon. I use it as my 2nd channel for my AC15 at band practices when I don't lug my JCM around, a worthy replacement. Haven't had to experience any problems in the 6 months I've owned it, don't think I ever will. // 9

Overall Impression: For any metal/hardcore/hard rock lover who wants a handmade, boutique distortion pedal that isnt your standard sound, this is perfect. I upgraded from a modded MT-2, and haven't looked back. Silent operation and a wicked tone give it a head above the alternatives. Really worth the extra money for such a phenom. // 9

More Mad Professor reviews rating category latest review