BB-2 Bluesbreaker II review by Marshall

Marshall: BB-2 Bluesbreaker II

With some simple tweaks, you can sound like Angus and head bang 'till your hearts content or you can roll the tone back and pump up the gain and let your guitar cry and even squeel, and head into some wailing blues licks. I use this pedal with an Epiphone LP Gold Top (open-coil 'buckers), it sounds sweet! The best thing is I run through a Marshall G30R, a crap amp, but this pedal will make that sound great, if not, better. It's not a very gainy pedal, if you want stupid amounts of gain, then look elsewhere. But if you're into playing anything from AC/DC to Gary Moore, it's great. The sustain availible is great.

This pedal will work for most styles of music (but not metal). I can't think of anything it should have to improve it. If it were stolen, I would definatly replace it, quickly. I recommend this pedal to anyone, whether you're using a tube amp or an SS one, this will make it sound better. Some people say bad things about the Marshall peadals, but after using this I can't see why.

This thing is built like a tank! It would've been used in World War II if it was around, it would probably survive it. I'm heavy and have jumped on this thing from a height, and it still works fine! It's very realiable, I've had I a while now, and nout has gone wrong.

It's easy to use this little baby. If you have a tube amp then it's even better as it has a great 'boost' function, this will drive your tube into natural Overdrive so you can sound like Angus. The manual give you some suggested settings, which are quite good acctually, but experimant for yourself, there's lots on offer.

surfer12
    what every blues/rock player wants.....Especially designed for Ac/dc players (i'm one of them!)
    ECwomantoneman
    I'm totally gonna get this. My wee Marshall MG15DFX is too Metal-sounding. Rock on my brothers in blues.
    torstmann
    how can you possibly don't want to buy this. check out the demos at marshallamps.com
    Dr.feelgud
    This Pedal Kicks Ass!! i brought 1 the morning that my band was auditing a drummer and i didnt like my dist pedal that i had borrowed (ibanes thrashmetal soundtank) and it was great, we were rockin everything from ac-dc to the ramones on this thing an it was great.
    col03sol
    the overdrive is ok, but there are other pedals that will do the same. i use it mainly for the boost function.
    Maverick49
    This pedal is awful, my mate got given one for free because some guy hated it so much. I played one in a music shop and it sounded like some guy had got on a computer and tried to imitate the sound of a distorted guitar. Its too muddy, there's no definition, its just plain bad. DO NOT BUY THIS PEDAL!