BB-2 Bluesbreaker II review by Marshall

Marshall: BB-2 Bluesbreaker II

Purchased from: ABC Music Esher

I'm using it through a Line 6 Spider III, whilst playing a Fender Stratocaster Standard 2009 edition. This was my first pedal and I've loved it since the day a plugged it in. I use both settings a frequently, however I'm leaning towards the boost setting more than anything as it's a good pedal for boost. The Overdrive setting can sound really good if you set the tone and gain knobs properly. I often go by the recommended settings they show you in the booklet, which gives out a tone that satisfies my musical needs. All in all I can't really fault it. I think the boost setting is better than the Overdrive setting though.

You can't go wrong for 40 quid. It's reliable, kicks out a good tone and you won't be let down. I wouldn't see the point in paying anymore for something that does a job like this for the price. The sounds produced are good and it will last for years!

Unbreakable. It's solid as a rock, built well, can sustain lots of things falling/jumping on it. I've dropped it a few times and it's probably made a more damage to my floor than it has to itself! It still works just as well as the day I bought it!

The pedal is a self explanatory one. Four knobs, two 'modes'. When on 'Boost' setting, only the master volume can differ the sound. When on 'Drive' mode you can play around with Gain and Tone knobs to get the sound you want. Does what it says on the tin and if I can use it I'm sure that anyone can!

decayingdave
    Cheap Marshall solid state amps are as flat as road kill, it's gotta be said. This pedal looks alright from the reviews but Blues is one of those things that I could never truly get into, simply 'cus it bores me after a while.