BB-2 Bluesbreaker II review by Marshall

Marshall: BB-2 Bluesbreaker II

Purchased from: Local shop

I'm using it with a Blade Texas Classic and an Orange Crush 10 which has a bit darker sound, and the boost on this thing pairs with it quite nice. The amp can get pretty noisy if you crank the volume and the drive. However, I find that the Blues mode is a solid overdrive, but the Boost mode is much better. You get the blues with this baby, and you can try for some rock stuff if you mess with the knobs. Messing with the volume knob on your guitar you can adjust your tone perfectly.

I play Rory Gallagher style blues and I nailed a few of his sounds with this thing. If it were stolen I think I would buy it again. I wish it had a better Overdrive mode, though. I love it for the Boost mode, because it really gives a bit to the tone color and loudness.

The thing is made to survive a tank rush followed by aircraft bombing and then a nuclear catastrophe. I would certainly use it on a gig, I don't think it would let me down. It is a bit heavy and it comes armored like nothing else I've seen. And it has a nice, Bluesbreaker emblem on it. Did I mention it was rock solid?

This pedal is easy to use. It has 4 knobs: Mode (Boost/Blues), Drive, Tone and Volume. On Mode you choose either Boost (boost) or Blues (overdrive). Drive adjusts the overdrive, Tone and Volume do what they usually do. If you fiddle around with the knobs you can get a certain sound from it, either blues or rock.

cormac_zoso
    this is a very good pedal, esp for someone just starting out mainly because it is built to survive a drop off a skyscraper ... even the most careless teenage guitarist would have to work to damage this tank the sound is very good also ... it's an overdrive, a pedal effect i have a fetish for to be honest ... this is one of my top ten overdrive pedals ... also combining it with a Dyna-Comp compressor/sustainer and some humbuckers givw you that Pete Townshend / Live At Leeds tone ... for the money, i think i paid $50 USA for it, this is a very good buy and very good pedal
    rifjdl
    The sound of this pedal depends a lot on the amp I reckon, with tweaking I got a pretty decent sound. Definately nicer out of a bd2 for that John Mayer rhythm sound or for a boost any of the ts but for the money its a pretty good pedal.
    bluesman-82
    i agree with the reviewer above me that you can get some john mayer sounds. if your gonna use the boost setting id suggest rolling the volume on your guitar down a little for a cleaner sound,the overdrive setting is good though. i can understand why its not for everyone, i prefer my sd 1 to be honest