EH-1 Echohead review by Marshall

Marshall: EH-1 Echohead

There is a great sound to this pedal, I much prefer it to any of the Boss pedals. The EH-1 can simulate six different delay types (HIFI, Analogue, Tape echo, 'Multi tap', reverse delays & 'mod filter'). All these are fun to use and cover all the styles of music I play (Alt. rock, Metal, blues).

Its a great pedal and I think it beats other delay pedals at this price & sound. I'm seriously thinking about buying another one of the new Marshall pedals. If it got lost or stolen, I would defently dish out another 60 to go buy another one. I think the Boss delays will still remain favourates for most players, but it's still defently worth trying the echohead out.

I wouldn't depend on this pedal in a gig without a power supply, it drains batteries to fast & takes ages to change. The echohead's outer shell is made out of solid metal, which is comfortable & safe to put your foot on without crushing the pedal.

It is very easy to experiment different delay types with this pedal. The manual was clear and very helpful, it also gave a few suggested pedal settings to get you started. Its a pain in the ass to change the battery because you have to unscrew the battery coverplate, change the battery, then screw it back on again. My advice is to buy a standard 9 Volt power supply. I also found that the arrows on the knobs are quite hard to see in some light conditions, and the settings were hard to change in dull light.