EH-1 Echohead review by Marshall

Marshall: EH-1 Echohead

Purchased from: Nevada Music

I use this pedal with my Fender Strat and Marshall AVT 150. I was originally looking at buying a Boss dd-6, which was very nice, but at 130, it was over twice the price of this and this has a much nicer tone to it as long as you are using decent cables with it as it can be very noisy with poor cables. The pedal itself has 6 diferent modes: hi-fi, analogue, tape echo, multi tap, reverse and MOD filter. The first 3 are fairly similar, and with the feedback level up full you can have an indefinite (yes, really) echo of a few notes, but with anymore then you just end up with a muddy mess. This pedal is really great at the subtle room echo when you have the delay time knob turned down. This can really boost sustain. The Best setting is the excellent reverse mode. I still haven't worked out exactly what it does to the original signal, but the effect is incredible and it is a lot of fun! I have found it really easy to get the effect that John Frusciante does when he is tremelo picking as this pedal can give the effect that your tremelo picking is much faster than it actually is. The multi tap and MOD filter seem to incorporate a chorus style effect as well, which gives a very '80s tone. These two settings are very useful and they makes this a rediculously versatile pedal.

I play anything rock 'n' roll and I find this to be the perfect Digital Delay pedal whenever I need it. I am sure that there would be room for this pedal in any style of music. There is nothing more that it could have that you would want from a delay pedal. My favourite feature has to be the psycadellic reverse mode. If It were stolen I would buy it again as it is the best delay pedal out there and it is much cheaper that most of the others. This pedal beats the Boss Delay pedals and is alot cheaper.

This pedal would survive a nuclear blast! Need I say anymore?

This pedal is awesome. If you know what kind of delay you want then it is easy to get a good sound. The controls are a bit fiddly and hard to see on a stage, which is a pain, but I only use a few different settings on stage, so this isnt a problem for me but it might be for someone else. The manual comes with a few suggested settings but with a delay pedal like this the sky's the limit as it is very versatile.

6inoe
    agree with the other reviews with sound & use. chose this over the BOSS because it was cheaper by $20. day 1: new duracell alkaline, used it for about 5hrs. day 2: i thought i broke it STATIC!!! i realized that after 10mins the duracell was depleted causing the static. the included cheapie battery only lasted 5mins, lucky i had a power supply handy.
    EldonsName24
    I bought this for $145 and the ping-pong stereo effect is sweet haha I love this pedal
    TheFUBAR
    I use this for a slapback effect with my blackheart handsome devil amp I like it better then my line 6 spider amps delay marshall has the better sound
    bluesman-82
    this is a pretty decent pedal... there isnt alot of difference between this and the boss ones. the one downside is that the tone knobs are hard to read when your standing over it but for the price its great
    TomMon
    I love mine, the one issue I have is that the ink has rubbed off the knobs, making them VERY hard to see on stage. I have to sort it by ear every sound check. Doesn't take long though, and arguably keeps me out of the 'this is my setting' rut.