GV-2 Guv'nor Plus review by Marshall

Marshall: GV-2 Guv'nor Plus

Purchased from: Musicmakers

I use this pedal with an Ibanez GSA60 and a Vintage 65 Fender Super Reverb amp. I also use it with a V-AMP2, which has a noise gate control, so I can get all of the noise out of it when I'm not playing. But even without that, it is still a considerably quiet pedal. The sound of this pedal is absolutely astounding. It is absolutely the most diverse pedal I have ever played on and owned. I give this a five.

I play many varieties of rock, and this pedal is perfect for every type of it. I have been playing for quite a while, and have had my share of pedals, this, by far, is the best one I have owned. I wish I had known about this pedal years ago so that I could have purchased it then. If it were stolen it would be the very first thing that I would buy. I love this pedal, and if you are looking for that perfect sound and haven't already found it, this is the distortion pedal for you.

I could toss this into a washing Machine and it would come out as good as new. its built like a tank and can take a lot of abuse. I would definitely use this pedal at a gig without a backiup. I have on many occasions.

This is an extremely diverse pedal. I can play everything from blues to Grunge to metal to funk to all out balls rock. It has a deep control to control-what else-the "depth" of the distortion, which is very nice. Just play with this pedal to get the perfect sound that you want, and that's what you will get.