GV-2 Guv'nor Plus review by Marshall

Marshall: GV-2 Guv'nor Plus

Purchased from: Rijkers (shop in holland)

I use mine trough a Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 60 and EMG 85 pickups and a Marshall MG50DFX amp. What can I say? Awesome. It doens't hum or make andy noise you don't want it to make. The gain on lower settings or cranked all the way up, this one can do it and sound solid even high treble, low gain it still feels like a heavy weight. You can't knock this one! I mainly play Metallica, Cradle Of Filth, Slayer and lots of blues (Muddy Waters, Clapton, Gary Moore). So I need a pedal that can bite your ass off and be smooth enough to let me whale a blues. Needless to say, it does both. While playing my daily portion of metal I must say the pedal does stay very smooth, so if you like the ear-piercing distortion this is not the pedal for you. Not to say it sounds muffeld, that's not the case, it's clear as rain on a sunday morning.

I play mainly metal/blues and you can't get a better looking better sounding and better overall pedal. It's that good. If you like quality sound and you're not 14 and loving nu-metal, this is the one you should try. I've been playing for 6 years and I have had this one for 6 years. I have tried other but I always wanted my Guv'nor back. If this was stolen, I would hunt down the person Who stole it and break his back. Losing it? Hell no, I'd never lose this baby. I love everything about it. It's the perfect pedal for me, just three words sum it up for me EMG 60 + Les Paul + Guv'nor, that's a experience you don't want to miss.

Once again, it's a Marshall, basiclly if your on stage and a annoying fan is throwing stuff at you trow your Guv'nor. It's solid as a rock and it'll still work the rest of the gig.

It's a bloody Marshall pedal! The use couldn't be easier. Really easy to set up and because it's perfectly simplistic you can get a great sound in matter of minutes. This is the first pedal I bought, like, 6 years ago when I started playing guitar. I have tried other pedals but the one I bought in my ignorance back then is still the best I ever heard. After 6 years of I did have to screw everything a bit tighter 'cause some parts did become a bit loose, but after 6 years of shredding?