GV-2 Guv'nor Plus review by Marshall

Marshall: GV-2 Guv'nor Plus

I have a Fender Stratocaster with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker installed in the bridge position along with a Fender Stage 160 amp. There isn't any feedback that I get from this pedal. The distortion is nice and strong and can easily be used for every playing style.

If this pedal were lost or stolen I'd need to buy a new one, I absolutly love this pedal and couldn't last long without it. I have a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal as well as a Boss Metal Zone but this is defintely my favorite distortion pedal out of all of them and I can get the exact sound I was looking for. I play mainly punk rock and post hardcore music and the pedal works great for both. Overall it's a well built pedal and suits almost every genre and playing style.

This pedal is what some would call a tank. It is extremely durable and strong. I don't feel the need to have a backup during gigs it's that reliable. I think you could probably set this out in the street and let cars Drive over it without it breaking. If a warranty or some sort of damage replacement offer is given to you like it was me, don't bother since you won't be needing it.

This pedal is very use to use straight out of the box. It also helps that there are 4 shown settings in the manual so there is less time fiddling with it right away even though I suggest going back later and finding the perfect tone. Actually it has quite an informative manual that I think you should read.

Nerdo-sez-bo
    I paid 20 quid for mine. Haha. Birlliant pedal, best in my oppinion for really good british rock distortion.
    Nerdo-sez-bo
    i got it second hand. 20 quid was knocked off for one of the control knobs being missing. But marshall sent me a new one when i emailed them.
    MESAexplorer
    Seems as though this pedal is a cheaper alternative way of the tubescreamer; i would really love to give this thing a whirl.
    gibofan01
    ive had mine for about half a year unfortunatly i dropped it on its arse and snapped the volume nob off but it snapped off at 10 so that was lucky. i use this every time i play (i choose it over my other four pedals) lush vintage sound when gain at bout 4 and it sreds with gain at 10, medium 1 and trebble at 10 all round nice pedal!!
    ZGS
    Man, buy the Guv! I own it, and it rules! I play it through a Fender Blues Jr. amp and a Les Paul, makes it sound a lot like a JCM900 boosted with a Tubescreamer. Better gain than the Ds 2.