JH-1 Jackhammer review by Marshall

Marshall: JH-1 Jackhammer

Purchased from: Martin's Music

I am using this guitar with a Fender Strat and a Behringer GX210 amp. I bought this pedal because I like the amp except that the Overdrive was shite on it for anything heavy. This pedal isn't noisy at all until you crank the gain, in which case you get a sweet super heavy sound. Overall this pedal sounds amazing. It will kinda turn you amp into a Marshall or very close anyways. Go to drop D and you will get sound so evil the devil will s--t himself.

I play mostly heavy metal and hard rock, along with some bluesy and punky stuff. This pedal suits these styles great. You can play some mellow stuff with it, but its really ment for hard rock and metal. If it were stolen it find the wank who took it or buy a Marshall amp of some sort and not worry bout pedals. What I love about this pedal is the sound and how solid it is. The only thing that could be bad about it as I think it retails around $160US I just got a good deal on mine. If you want a Marshall tone cheap, this pedal is for you. But don't expect it to sound exactly the same as a Marshall, if you want the real thing you got to buy the amp.

I would absoloutely depend on this pedal, its built like a damn tank. With the exception of the bottom, the whole thing is metal. I would gig this pedal for sure!

This little puppy is decently easy to use. It will take a little while to find the sound you are looking for, but when you get it it's just magic. It comes with "suggested" settings but its way better to use your own. It's pretty easy to switch from a classic Marshall Overdrive to an evil as hell super heavy distorted one and anything in between.