JH-1 Jackhammer review by Marshall

Marshall: JH-1 Jackhammer

I play on a Vintage SG (lefthanded) and as amp I use an Bogey 40 watts tube amp. To me, the pedal fits just perfectly with the tube amp and the guitar. By the way the guitar has Wilkinson Alnico II humbuckers so the sound can't be wrong! The sound. First of all a little hint, tune the gain on your amp way back when you connect this pedal on your amp. Use the distortion of the Jackhammer and "boost" the distortion/overdrive with the gain knob on your amp. Then you'll be able to create a sound (dependable of guitar and amp ofcourse) you very like to hear! The sound you can create can be like very dark or very high and loud distorted. It just what sound do you like and dont like. To me it's like damn, I didnt know I could create kickass sound like that! So to me, this is a f--king great overdrive/distortion pedal. That's Marshall you know!

It's good match for me, my equipment and really important my own stuff like metal and hard rock. I play like 2 years constantly (like 2 hours a day) and overall 4 years. Like Slash said, first of all, learn to play the guitar before you buy expensive, complicated amps and pedals. And by the way they can't steal it, 'cause I'll never leave this pedal alone! There are zero things I hate about it, and I just love it by using it and by touching it! It's just a very beautiful pedal that's delivers a kickass sound! And thanks Marshall for making such a great pedal!