JH-1 Jackhammer review by Marshall

Marshall: JH-1 Jackhammer

I am using it with an Epiphone Vintage G-400 and a Crate 10 watt solid state amp. It's only noisy if you crank the gain. The distortion setting on it is very weak, however I love the Overdrive setting, I can make the o.d. sound like distortion if I want to. I can get sounds like Slash's leads, and also AC/DC. Like I said, the distortion sucks but you don't even need it.

I play all rock and it is fairly good for it. I have played for almost 2 years and my gear is listed in the sound section earlier. I wish I would have asked how to get a good sound out of the distortion, or if it was possible. I wouldn't buy it again just because it doesnt't give me a heavy enough sound on some songs. I love the Overdrive, hate the distortion. I like how you can control the contour on it. I put that it was $20 but that's because I traded my old distortion pedal in.

You can depend on it and use it on a gig without a backup, I think. It's built like a tank. There's not really much else to say, it would be pretty hard to break, unless you like threw it out of a 15th story window or something. It is one of the best built pedals I've owned, mainly because of the metal housing.

It is fairly easy to get a good sound out of the distortion part. The manual is very good, tells you how to get a Vintage or crunchy sound. No, it hasn't been upgraded since I bought it. It's really hard to get a good sound out of the distortion however, just because the distortion on it sucks unless you crank the gain on your amp also.

thunderinblack
    it can be disgusting if you dont know how to set it up but if you get it just right the tone is awsome it can make any amp sound like marshall althought you mays well spent about 20 moer and get one
    the_Skull
    quaalde714 why would it be good for blues? its called the jackhammer and if you listen to some of the sound samples on the marshall website you will hear that this pedal could scare the devil himself out of hell
    mauroo
    too much bass in its distortion, as an overdrive is pretty good
    greenpic
    i wont this pedal in some competition and i looove the overdrive on it but id rather my ds-1 for distortion
    badasskurt
    I have this pedal too.. I'm going to sell it and buy a digitech death metal, because the jackhammer fits more hard rock/rock/blues than metal. The overdrive isn't that raw and heavy although I run it through a Marshall MG15MSII Microstack. but if you like AC/DC and the like, this is a very good pedal.