JH-1 Jackhammer review by Marshall

Marshall: JH-1 Jackhammer

Purchased from: Local store second-hand.

I'm playing it on Jackson JS30-DK (Jackson pickups), Laney HCM65R combo. Sometimes gets noisy on max. gain/pickup volume on guitar. After some time testing it, I've finally reached the sound I wanted and it's wonderful (considering it's a cheap effect pedal). Perfect price/quality ratio.

I'm playing metalcore/deathcore/thrash riffs, so the Jackhammer is the perfect fit. I've been playing for over a year now, but I'm a quick learner. If I had to choose again, I might try some Boss stuff, but I'm not sure about that. Compared to Boss Hypermetal it has much cleaner sound. It's a perfect choice in it's category.

So far it has never let me down. I haven't played any shows with it so far, but I'll test it when I get the chance to do so. So far, it has been doing it's work perfectly. Only thing I fear about is it's body, I've seen much broken potentiometers, the body itself is tought and hard to destroy, but the controllers look fragile.

It took about two months to get the sound I wanted. There wasn't any manual, I don't have even the original box for it, it was second hand. If you're patient and willing to give it some time, you will be most impressed. However, if you're less patient, you should get some Boss pedal, you'll get a great sound right away, but in time, there are too few things to experiment with, you'll get just a fraction of Jackhammer has to offer.

gotbass
    I Own a Electro-harmonix big muff and a Marshall Jack Hammer. The muff is good with really good sustain and crunch, but when I plugged my bass into a Jackhammer I was in awe. At after tweaking it to where i want I can still play power chords, slap, pluck and walk and the notes won't collide making it sound like shit. Just because of the setting options it awesome.
    matt9992004
    great pedal, went and tried a couple in my local guitar shop n this shined above all else, dont go for a boss there shite, stick with marshall, ive got it going through a peavey classic 50 so i could beef my sound up at low volume, and it does the job a treat
    masterofeedback
    oi its only after decent boss and a homemade one neither of which are noisy what so ever, ur right though it is amazing.
    noblin_the_gobl wrote: Produces massive range of tones, absolutely amazing pedal. If you find it noisy it's probably because you have it at the wrong end of a chain, or you have cheap, dirty pedals before it. Plug it straight into the amp and listen to it, it gives warm overdrive on OD, and tone pretty similar to a JCM 2000 on DS. Most of the problems people have talked about on this forum result from not having it placed properly in their rigs, or having too many gain stages. This is a great little pedal, and for less than 200 you wont beat it for variety. Go get one!