JH-1 Jackhammer review by Marshall

Marshall: JH-1 Jackhammer

Purchased from: air guitars

I'm using a big Marshall 2x12 to the Jackhammer to a Dunlop Crybaby Wah to my Gibson SG. Basically I don't need this pedal with my amp but I bought it for a little boost when I need it. To get a great boost use your overdrive channel on the amp, turn up the gain a bit, but put both clean and overdrive channel volumes on, say five. And then your master volume on whatever you want, depending on how deaf you want to become. With the Jackhammer always on, use a channel selector from overdrive channel to clean channel and you will be very very deaf. The good thing is if you put your gain on full on both amp and Jackhammer, then this means you literally can't stop playing because if you do, feedback will burst your eardrums. Don't worry the effects always sound great. Well I can get the sound of my favourite artists, but why would I wanna sound like them bastards? I like my own sound. I do believe it's how you play it aswell. Both distortion and overdrive are good if you're looking for a big boost you can use chorus, not in the Jackhammer but with some amplifiers. With the contour on my amp to 1 and the contour on the jackhammer to 10, it sounds weird I've never heard anything like it before. Oh yeah, when you're on the clean channel with this pedal on, turn gain up full and volume full on the overdrive setting and say, contour on full too, you are super distorted but the cool thing is, you can still hear the clean sound under it which means when soloing you can hear every note played clearly no matter how fast, the only thing is on the distortion instead of overdrive. And on the clean channel, you get clean pinch harmonics rather than the distorted, sustained ones of the amplifiers own Overdrive channel.

I play everything from Ted Nugent to Metallica to Pink Floyd to Rihanna, well I actually do play everything, not every song ever written cause I haven't heard every song ever written but I play a fair amount of different stuff. I've been playing almost 2 years. I own some guitar leads you know, they always help. I wish I asked for another one of those little connecting lead things you can get (I got mine free) 'cause they look good. If it were stolen or lost, I'd just say oh well, and continue playing straight through my amp. I love the fact it says Marshall on it, makes it look better than other pedals. I hate the fact that you need something to open the bottom up like a coin or knife. What happens if you were in the middle of a forest and you needed to change the battery? See? Marhsall haven't thought that part through. My favourite feature is that you can actually stamp on it hard. Why would I compare it to other products? It's Marshall, they are the best.

I can depend on it, it's quite heavy for a pedal. But not as heavy as the crybaby wah wah. I wouldn't use it at a gig, because the only thing I use there is wah wah pedal in terms of effects, my amp is good enough. But if you were using effects pedals (cheating), you wont need a backup. But I bet if you drove a car over it, it would smash all the knobs on it. But why would there be cars driving on stage?

To get a good sound you have to fiddle about with it for a while but you can use the suggested settings in the manual to base your soundon and then change it from there. The manual contains 4 suggested settings and a big paragraph about jim Marshall and how he is wishing us all the best or something, it also tells you what each knob does. This is mega easy to use.

uvq
    Insane Esp wrote: line 6 uber metal pedal is the best one i hve played.
    except line 6 is shit
    NateG
    It's a horrible pedal for how down tuned my guitar is. The boss mt-2 is a great pedal for low tuned guitars