SV - 1 Supervibe review by Marshall

Marshall: SV - 1 Supervibe

Purchased from: Rattle and Drum

I use a Fender Jaguar HH running through a Fender Frontman 65r amp, just a simple set up. This pedal has four control knobs: Speed, Depth, Wave and Filter. The speed control simply makes the speed of the echo or effect faster, when turned up on its own it doesn't really take effect, but when used with the depth knob, you get some really good sounds. The Wave knob quite simply acts as a wave, when turned low it kind of dampens the sound but when turned up it makes the sound higher. Finally the Filter knob, affects the sound a lot, it creates a real ambient tube like sound; when combined with the depth knob it sounds amazing.

I play any styles really, lately with this pedal I've been playing a lot of Nirvana, this works particularly well with the Smells like Teen Spirit solo as well as Come as You Are along with many more; this pedal also works great with classic songs like Message in a Bottle. I recommend this pedal to anyone from beginners the professionals. The pedal is versatile but yet still easy and friendly to use.

I would rely on this pedal; it has a Solid Metal construction so therefore it will withstand a lot. I would use it at a gig without back up; even without a DC supply the battery life seems to last long, I've been playing it almost non stop and it still works.

I bought this pre-owned; the Original price is about 50.00 I believe. At this point in time I'm a complete a novice in the world of effects, this is my first real effects pedal and I'm really pleased with it. With buying it second hand I did'nt get a box or an instruction manual. The pedal is easy to use and very straight forward, the pedal has four simple knobs, so not too confusing. The pedal is also Passive Bypass and has a second output for Stereo Speread.

MaggaraMarine
    Is this analog or digital (well, that really doesn't matter, I just wanna know)? It was pretty good when I compared it to Nano Clone, Digitech Multichorus and Hardwire Chorus, I preferred this, it was simple enough for me and sounded nice. I think I'm going to buy this or check out what pedals another guitar stores have.
    MaggaraMarine
    ^ I bought an MXR Micro Chorus instead of this because it was just so simple and sounded great. But this was good too.