SV - 1 Supervibe Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 01/27/2011 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Marshall: SV - 1 Supervibe
 Ease of Use: 8
 4,748
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
SV - 1 Supervibe Reviewed by: oldmankyle, on january 27, 2011

Purchased from: Rattle and Drum

Ease of Use: I bought this pre-owned; the Original price is about 50.00 I believe. At this point in time I'm a complete a novice in the world of effects, this is my first real effects pedal and I'm really pleased with it. With buying it second hand I did'nt get a box or an instruction manual. The pedal is easy to use and very straight forward, the pedal has four simple knobs, so not too confusing. The pedal is also Passive Bypass and has a second output for Stereo Speread. // 8

Sound: I use a Fender Jaguar HH running through a Fender Frontman 65r amp, just a simple set up. This pedal has four control knobs: Speed, Depth, Wave and Filter. The speed control simply makes the speed of the echo or effect faster, when turned up on its own it doesn't really take effect, but when used with the depth knob, you get some really good sounds. The Wave knob quite simply acts as a wave, when turned low it kind of dampens the sound but when turned up it makes the sound higher. Finally the Filter knob, affects the sound a lot, it creates a real ambient tube like sound; when combined with the depth knob it sounds amazing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would rely on this pedal; it has a Solid Metal construction so therefore it will withstand a lot. I would use it at a gig without back up; even without a DC supply the battery life seems to last long, I've been playing it almost non stop and it still works. // 7

Overall Impression: I play any styles really, lately with this pedal I've been playing a lot of Nirvana, this works particularly well with the Smells like Teen Spirit solo as well as Come as You Are along with many more; this pedal also works great with classic songs like Message in a Bottle. I recommend this pedal to anyone from beginners the professionals. The pedal is versatile but yet still easy and friendly to use. // 10

Comments