VT-1 Vibratrem review by Marshall

Marshall: VT-1 Vibratrem

Purchased from: auction site

I bought this effect out of compulsion, as I already have a guyatone VT-2. It's a great pedal, excpet the guyaton is quite noisy and alots a lot of resistance to the loop. Where as the Marshall has a real bypass, and when the pedal is on or off, there is no great deal of effect on the quality of the sound, bearing in mind this is a digital pedal. I will admit this pedal certainly doesnt't have the character of a real tremelo pedal, but it's bloody close!. It's almost infintly adjustble, and the effect is quite subtle. Sounds good with single coil guitars, strats etc.

I'm just a bedroom guitarist really, it's a hobby. I love making new and intresting tones, that make people go "how do you get that sound?" I myself am a fan of old 60's clean guitar sounds. If you like this sort of sound (think nancy sinatra's "bang bang you shot me down" etc), then the pedal is meant for you! Personally, I prefere it to a Boss edal (as it's a fraction of the price!.. and everyones got Boss pedals, boring! ) and my own guyatone, simply because it produces a cleaner sound, meaning things like a compression pedal could be added to really tighten the sound up a bit! For the price I paid for it, you really can't complain. It does what it should, and well! The only thing I don't like is it is a pretty subtle effecxt, it dosent hit you in the face when you hear it, but you tend to back off the sound anyway. One thing I really like is it's heavy laquered finish and smooth edges. There's no where really for dirt and grime to accumulate, unlike the rubber and corners on a Boss / DigiTech / generic pedal. This is great for when and if you want to sell it, as it looks pretty much as new. A great thing is, these pedals sell like hotcakes on the 'bay. If you can get one cheap, like I did with the orignal box, instructions and an immaculate pedal, go for it.

Built like a tank, quality components. I'd gig with it. Has really solid inputs and outputs like a Boss pedal, not flimsy plastic chassis ones that fasten to the PCB. One thing I love is the Gnarled metal control pots, you get a real good purchase on them, and not horrible plasticy Boss pedals!

This unit is a piece of cake to use. It really does what it says on the tin. Temelo and vibrato functions. Has simple depth, speed and wave shape control. It is pretty easy to emulate those Vintage trmelo sounds, or a slow swelling Gilmour-esqe sound. what's great is it can be run through two seperate amps as it has dual mono outputs. Comes in a sturdy little cast alloy box, with a push button. Runs on 9V dc.

luxlucis
    Its quite good on a clean channel but is weak on an overdrive channel. It is also quite a good pedal just to boost volume.